• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• 9lumina6

• xtremerevolution

• sloick

The problem is, there are some people here who insist that their experience encompasses all car ownership as a whole, that their opinions are ultimately correct, and that their decisions are flawless and anyone would be a fool not to follow along. When people don't agree or even compromise, they feel offended because that means they're not necessarily right.

this sums it up

I'm running no CAT........and my car is not raspy at all....even with a full 3'' system..and straight thru flo-pro mufflers. The only reason I will be putting a magnaflow CAT on in the spring is so I can pass NYSI when the car gets registered in NY next year. If I can help it.....I'm gunna try to keep it registered in Florida so I do not have to do so.

Cats are lame and aftermarket cats are a waste of my precious Z34-feeding money, unless I NEED one to pass my e-check. My dad's '78 K-20 smells the way an exhaust should...cat-free. When I ran a straight pipe temporarily, it smelled splendid. My Z34's exhaust has wreaked since 35k miles. Ripping the cat off couldn't make it that much stinkier. I can't wait till e-check is finally canned in my neck of the woods.

I'm running no CAT........and my car is not raspy at all....even with a full 3'' system..and straight thru flo-pro mufflers. The only reason I will be putting a magnaflow CAT on in the spring is so I can pass NYSI when the car gets registered in NY next year. If I can help it.....I'm gunna try to keep it registered in Florida so I do not have to do so.

Need a sound clip to prove it. My car with no cat is the raspiest gp ever! :lol: ( I don't have a res though either)

Need a sound clip to prove it. My car with no cat is the raspiest gp ever! :lol: ( I don't have a res though either)

Hmm lemme c if i can dig one up

They actually have inspections now in Ohio???

Yeah, there were 14 "E-check" counties in the mid-1990s when it began in Ohio. As of a few years ago, there are now only the northern 7 counties being e-check, including mine. It's gay. The employees are often scarily stupid and once dropped my rear axle on the rollers (maybe thinking my Z34 was a Camaro), but had second thoughts after staring the LUMINA interior for a minute or so. Finally, the guy looked under the car, then proceeded to back it up and drop the correct wheels on the roller :eek:

They actually have inspections now in Ohio???

Yeah, there were 14 "E-check" counties in the mid-1990s when it began in Ohio. As of a few years ago, there are now only the northern 7 counties being e-check, including mine. It's gay. The employees are often scarily stupid and once dropped my rear axle on the rollers (maybe thinking my Z34 was a Camaro), but had second thoughts after staring the LUMINA interior for a minute or so. Finally, the guy looked under the car, then proceeded to back it up and drop the correct wheels on the roller :eek:

Hmm never knew that......they dont give you stickers to put on yer windshields like NY does for the NYSI. Florida doesnt have any kind of inspection what so ever in any county for anything. I loved that, so I'm keeping my car registered in Florida as long as possible even tho I'm back in NY. I even informed the Florida motor vehicle dept. that I'm "temporarily" in New York State for school with my mom's address up here so that they will send me the registration re-newal up here. And I wont get in trouble for it if I get pulled over, because I still have a Florida drivers licence, so the cops would just think I'm a resident of Florida up here for school.

That's smart, dude. Here, people will register their cars to the next county to avoid e-check. It used to cost $19.50, but now it's free. It's a bi-annual inspection, both visible and emissions.

Hmm lemme c if i can dig one up

poor sound quality on the camera......it's not raspy at all.......but the drone is unbearable.

In many localities, a missing cat means that you fail the "visual" portion of an emissions test.

By visual, they're only looking to see if the emissions-related part is PRESENT, not if it's functioning.

It also allows them to "fail" a car for emissions if the engine isn't what came in the car originally....in some localities, if it doesn't look like it came there from the factory, the car "fails" emissions, even though it might be very clean.

I've never heard of this! Different engine = Fail?!?! That would suck so bad!! If my 3.4 ever gives me crap, I'm certainly not putting another one in. 3.8 or something, anything but another "X" engine!

That throws a monkey wrench into my plans on a mid-90s turbo diesel or 80s 6.2 diesel in my truck, then! Cobalt SS 2.0, it is. A rear wheel drivetrain is a problem I've yet to solve :smile:

That's smart, dude. Here, people will register their cars to the next county to avoid e-check. It used to cost $19.50, but now it's free. It's a bi-annual inspection, both visible and emissions.

Someone here did that... I think it was a dealer in Hamilton Ontario, they registered cars in northern Ontario where there is no e-test required yet.

Now the dealership is facing $100,000 in fines because of something like 14 cars

Jamie

I'm not running a cat on any of my 3 cars....oops :psyduck:

They all run better w/o them....especially in the honda....I get WAY better mileage w/ a straight pipe on there....

x2..........when I drove back up here from Florida.... I reset my fuel economy on my DIC in the GTP and from Sarasota, FL to Rochester, NY (about 1400 miles) it NEVER went under 30.0 the entire trip. My final average MPG when I pulled into my mom's driveway here was 31.1 And I had an extra 300lbs of stuff in my car...and was doing 80mph most of the way. Not having a CAT & having headers and 3'' catback FTW.

on my way back from the last Dayton meet, I was driving at least 80 the whole way ....and above 100 for quite some time (Buck can verify this) and I still pulled shy of 28...I didn't think I'd do that good.