slipping getting worst now slipping on 1st

SrMichi

Could this be a possibility? check it out when i drop the pan i found the filter all dented in at the bottom part of the neck area. also i was always unsure about the reading of the dipstick. sometimes i took some fluid out sometimes i put some back in. well do you guys think that the fluid was being blocked from the dent and it was starving? when i drop the pan i remove exactly 6 quarts. after replacing the filter i put in 7 quarts just for it to reach the hatched area and i added more today and it reach the middle of it area. also now i am able to read the level of the fluid prefect before i always doubted myself.

Maybe that's why when i would take hard turns it would whine?

Does low fluid level make it difficult to get into gear in the morning?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SrMichi

• 1990lumina

• AWeb80

• RobertISaar

Could this be a possibility? check it out when i drop the pan i found the filter all dented in at the bottom part of the neck area. also i was always unsure about the reading of the dipstick. sometimes i took some fluid out sometimes i put some back in. well do you guys think that the fluid was being blocked from the dent and it was starving? when i drop the pan i remove exactly 6 quarts. after replacing the filter i put in 7 quarts just for it to reach the hatched area and i added more today and it reach the middle of it area. also now i am able to read the level of the fluid prefect before i always doubted myself.

Maybe that's why when i would take hard turns it would whine?

Does low fluid level make it difficult to get into gear in the morning?

maybe, maybe not. with the new filter in place, how does she feel?

well it still wont go into gear right away in the morning go to let it sit awhile will it build enough pressure. the whining part i have not notice yet.

i guess ill live with it until it just wont shift any more.

are you checking it with the car running on level ground? when possible it should be done after being warmed up, ie driven a mile or two...

i was just about to ask the same thing.

yeah i usually drive around then go to the parking lot over by the super market and check the level.

well now it slips on 1st i felt it more yesterday since i was going around town. i guess I'm going to call my dad and ask him to let me borrow his tdi for awhile and try to find a transmission place to fix her back up again.

is there any possibility something else could be causing this? some thing electrical?

I THINK WE HAVE A MIRACLE IN THE MAKING!!!!!!!!!

k yesterday the car was slipping out of gear like crazy every time it would go into gear i would drive it and then when i would come to a stop it would begin to slip again and i would have to put it in neutral and back in drive for it to engage. I went over my uncles house yesterday to see if he could give me his cousin number to take the car over to fix the tranny. then he mention his 92 jetta that was at his parents house. He knew i was tight on money and suggested that i should drive his jetta that's been at his parents house for a few years and store my lumina till i have enough money to fix her back up again. this would mean that i would have to take my car off his insurance in order to put the jetta. also i would have to do a tune up on it in order to pass emission test and crap. so i told him do it. well this morning same thing happened car kept slipping on 1st. While on the new jersey turnpike i was thinking about how much i would miss drving it so i said what the hell fuck work. i kept driving down the turnpike passing car left and right making her downshift every change i could. i even took my girlfriend to class and THEN while driving around her college parking lot notice that i was not slipping as much. after dropping her off i went to get the blueprint 3 album and decided to keep driving down Route 17 listing to Jay-z. after almost using all of my gas i went to pick up my girlfriend from class and the slipping was gone i kept putting it into neutral and back into drive just to feel the thing going int o gear like it should. well then it was my turn to go to class so i left the car at the train station parking lot at 4 and came back at 10:30 on my way to the car i was praying that a soon as i put it in gear it would go into gear and stay there. so i started the car put it into gear and the freaking thing goes into gear i was like OMG YAY!!!!!! so on my way back home i took the long way Thur the streets just so i could see it not slip on 1st. i think ill find out for sure tomorrow morning if she is really feeling better.

could be a one time thing.... but if not then good deal. but i'd take the pan off and look around when i had the chance.

I did drop the pan and found the filter all fucked up I guessing the new fluid finally mxed with the somewhat old fluid I did ad seven quarts. I came to spend the night with my girlfriend and it has not slipped and to be honest best shifting in a while