• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SrMichi

• 1990lumina

• AWeb80

• RobertISaar

Pump sounds weak. i'm guessing the seals in the servos are letting fluid pass. does it shift fine when it works like it should? luckily, the pump is easy to get to.....in relation to a whole rebuild. but i'd replace the seals in the servos too.

Pump sounds weak. i'm guessing the seals in the servos are letting fluid pass. does it shift fine when it works like it should? luckily, the pump is easy to get to.....in relation to a whole rebuild. but i'd replace the seals in the servos too.

yeah the car shift fine sometimes i dont even feel it shifting. um how hard is it to get to the pump?

um what are servos and how hard is it to change the seals on them.

HECk how hard is it to get to the pump and everything else i would need to change?

Adam pulled his engine and rebuilt his transmission not too long ago. Then again, he did have another car for commuting.

I paid $1100 for my transmission rebuild including a new torque converter, which was done at 148k because I burned the clutch plates doing burnouts. :willynilly:

Its been working fine since then though.

^^let me guess you quit doing burnout. also where the burnouts floor it from a stop or put the e brake on and let her eat

Yeah I've quit doing burnouts. The burnouts were both from a stop and e brake. I still have the video of the last burnout. The transmission shifted just fine anywhere under half throttle, but at WOT, the 1-2 shift had a bit of hesitation and a hard nudge.

A little late to the thread, but my Lumina did the same thing with the slipping. We never got it inspected, it only happened on occasion. For a cheap fix, I bought some of the Lucas Anti-Slip or Slip-Fix(something like that) and put it in there. It shifted perfectly for the next 5 years :lol:

A little late to the thread, but my Lumina did the same thing with the slipping. We never got it inspected, it only happened on occasion. For a cheap fix, I bought some of the Lucas Anti-Slip or Slip-Fix(something like that) and put it in there. It shifted perfectly for the next 5 years :lol:

Not to talk about my Jag again, but the XJS-Help book mentions the Lucas additives for stop-leak in power steering and the additive for fixing transmission slips as tried and proven solutions to strange problems people were having with the GM Turbo 400 transmissions.

the reason i ask is about 3 times a week i floor my car and let the tires spin and i didnt know if i was hurting it by doing that

I floor my car from a dead stop more often than not, but my tires don't spin because 1, they're 235 wide, and 2, they're pretty sticky. The first 2 sets of tires I used on this car were weak and could be broken loose any day of the week. I think it was the 200-ft e-brake burnout I did (and got on video) that screwed my transmission.

Do you have a transmission cooler installed?

transmission modulator........ i was looking at it and the vac hose that connects to the intake is rusted in two spots both where they connected. well i was able to kinda move the modulator(like a door knob) and i pushed it toward the hose. anyways after driving it the car shifts different in a good way. I'm thinking i should replace that hose.

Can anyone tell me where i could fine that hose? or at least what it cost?

also it makes the whining noise when making a hard turn and accelerating.

How hard are you going through corners?? This method will help with the tranny isn't fucked:

Manually shift it into second gear next time you go hard around a corner. My Lumina always sort of gets confused what gear to be in after a hard corner - but if Imanually tell it what gear it is always fine.

pump is straining for oil out of the turn. if your modulator is bad, i can send you my good stock one i have left over somewhere i think.

Is the pump thing fairly normal? And how much would the modulator be? Because I’m tight on money since I started classes. Kind of have to save up money for tuition and books.

and I’m checked rock auto and I’m guessing you have the one that cost $110.79 :eek:

and then they have a $20 dollar one.

What’s with the price difference?

How hard are you going through corners?? This method will help with the tranny isn't fucked:

Manually shift it into second gear next time you go hard around a corner. My Lumina always sort of gets confused what gear to be in after a hard corner - but if Imanually tell it what gear it is always fine.

Even harder now that i did does suspension mods :smile: guess no more hard cornering for me :frown:

so just before taking the corner kick it back down to second? I’ll try it on my way back home.

you can always get the adjustable modulator.... its a lot smaller than the stock one, and you can firm/soften the shifts to your liking...

Where would i find such a modulator? because I doubt there on rock auto

pump is straining for oil out of the turn. if your modulator is bad, i can send you my good stock one i have left over somewhere i think.

Is the pump thing fairly normal? And how much would the modulator be? Because Im tight on money since I started classes. Kind of have to save up money for tuition and books.

and Im checked rock auto and Im guessing you have the one that cost $110.79 :eek:

and then they have a $20 dollar one.

Whats with the price difference?

Even harder now that i did does suspension mods :smile: guess no more hard cornering for me :frown:

so just before taking the corner kick it back down to second? Ill try it on my way back home.

you can always get the adjustable modulator.... its a lot smaller than the stock one, and you can firm/soften the shifts to your liking...

Where would i find such a modulator? because I doubt there on rock auto

Manually shift it with the floor/column shifter to second gear.