1995 Interior - Dual Color Dash Parts? Right or Wrong?

djrobnyc

I'm looking at a 95 cutlass supreme 3.1 to possibly purchase. I've received some pictures from the seller (which I've attached below) of the interior. It seems there are some parts of the interior, like the steering wheel and dash pad which are tan in color and some which are in gray. Is this correct for an original vehicle? Should I be concerned if these parts have been replaced? (The car has a tan top). Thank you.

mine came with the tan wheel and dash but the rest of my interior was tan as well. the bezel was black but not the carpet and seats all though i am changing it all to charcoal any ways. seems to me that the one you have pictured used to be all tan but somebody did the swap with everything except the dash. and belts.

i have seen montes with a tan and black combo. i think it looks rather good but i have never seen a stock cutlass like that.

i wouldnt think you should be concerned simply cuz the dash wasnt replaced, but if im wrong and the dash was the item switched you might have something to worry about i guess

sorry to post again but from what i see in the pics after a closer look the interior is pieced together, with '95 door panels and '94 or older rear quarters.

notice how the seat belt doesnt go up to the rear quarter like a '95s should cuz with the newer style interior the seat belt went from the carpet to the b-pillar where as in a pre-95 the seat belt was in the door, and i also noticed the ash tray in the rear quarter which is also pre-95

yeah that was another thing i noticed but i didnt want to post 3x in a row not only did they come in leather i believe they all had power drivers seat and in the pic the hole in the seat is there but i see no switches, also the a-pillar trim looks a mess. im guessing the car had water damage or something and somebody got it all replaced.

how much did they want for it??

I think you should go and meet the seller and look the car over. then say "I'll give you fifty bucks. Then I;ll haul it to the junkyard you fucktard. Why would you delete seatbelts in a car? You've ruined it completely you shithead..."

optionally, without saying a word you could beat them with a crowbar.

whoever did that needs to die a long drawn out painful death.

"Pieced together" fits. Note the side cover on the driver's side of the dash is missing, the seats are not original to the car, the missing A/C vent...

I've seen these cars with a tan dash, and grey bezel, but as I recall, the console was also similar, tan on the sides, and gray on the top.

Everything I see leads me to believe that at a minimum the car has had a hard life. Like a previous poster, I'd be suspicious that the car has been in a flood...have you run a Carfax, to see if the car has a salvage title? I strongly suspect with the missing dash pieces that the dash is not original to the car..and I can't think of a good reason to replace a dash, unless it was absolutely necessary.

The air bags went off- this isnt that hard of a premis to grasp!

They used tan bag covers, and the seats were worn and they used cloth seats from another car.

If the airbags have gone off, that leads to yet another question...why? Has the car been wrecked?

Additionally, if the seats were replaced due to wear, Why replace the quarter panel interior with earlier parts? If you put a '94 seat in a '95, is there a size difference in the seats or panels which would require them to be replaced as a set?

Additionally, anyone have an idea why in my original post, the name of a company that is known for doing background checks on used cars shows as "BatFax!"?

The air bags went off- this isnt that hard of a premis to grasp!

They used tan bag covers, and the seats were worn and they used cloth seats from another car.

because when you type in kar fax its a key word for their companies spiders to search or forums and see if we are running free vin scans or chargine $1 each for them with an unilimited account.

If the front and rear of the car is different, as in model year differences, it almost makes you wonder if the front of the car IS a '95, and the rear IS older. Meaning...two cars welded together. I'd run far far away from this one.

the dash is original its the rest of the interior that has been replaced cuz it is a 95 so it would have a tan dash, seat belts and top like he said it did. the dash wasnt replaced most likely due to its difficulty to an inexperienced mechanic or such. there is no way anybody would swap a tan dash and seatbelts (that dont even work mind you) to make it appear to be a 95.