06 Monte ticking noise... Small UPDATE 8/17 Page 3

88red4cyl

ticka ticka Slim Shady...

:lol:

My instinct here is to replace the purge valve with a new one... However, if that isn't going to solve anything (the GM tsb has some crap about replacing coolant hoses to fix it I believe), then I don't want to waste the money...

leave it alone for now, I'd say.

I probably will... It's just so damn annoying though... Sounds like the engine has a tick in it from inside the car... :evil: Definitely not what a 2006 should sound like...

it still ticks after you've replaced the other solenoid and cleared the computer?

Yep, I replaced the vent valve (the part I posted), and got the code cleared... The purge valve on the engine (I think thats what it is... It's attached to the manifold/throttle body) is still ticking like crazy though...

Small update... Took it on a trip yesterday and drove about 225 miles (averaged 30.4 mpg on the highway!! :willynilly:)... No SES light, so I think the vent valve took care of that... Unfortunately, the ticking is still present though...

Small update... Took it on a trip yesterday and drove about 225 miles (averaged 30.4 mpg on the highway!! :willynilly:)... No SES light, so I think the vent valve took care of that... Unfortunately, the ticking is still present though...

I like to think of good gas mileage as a sign of a healthy engine. Awesome. I've only had these as rentals and, in babying it on a freeway ride, I've hit 31 or 32, but then it was 150 miles with the cruise and no A/C.

The little quirks/noises are annoying...I understand.

I really hope you enjoy your car...they are beautiful (did you post a picture of it that I didn't see elsewhere?)...and that the 3.5 VVT V6 gives you many years of great service!

I like to think of good gas mileage as a sign of a healthy engine. Awesome. I've only had these as rentals and, in babying it on a freeway ride, I've hit 31 or 32, but then it was 150 miles with the cruise and no A/C.

The little quirks/noises are annoying...I understand.

I really hope you enjoy your car...they are beautiful (did you post a picture of it that I didn't see elsewhere?)...and that the 3.5 VVT V6 gives you many years of great service!

I was pretty happy with it... The 30.4 was at 75 with the ac on (EPA figure is 31 hwy), so that made me smile...

Only pics I have of it at the moment are in my original thread (which I think you posted in), but I'm planning on getting some new ones if the weather ever shapes up...

The ticking is beyond annoying... :lol: It's incredibly unnerving to hear a tick inside the car, but pop the hood and you hear nothing... :lol: