This is wierd

kadoi

Well im having a hard time getting to the bottom of my battery dying out on me. It just started doing this about a month ago and never has done it before...it will stay charged for about 2 days then it will be so dead that none of the lights will even come on. I already checked my stereo...my brake lights..interior lights...my alternator....only thing i havent checked is my battery but its only like a year old...and one more thing...do all TGP's when you first start them up take a while to make boost...mine takes about 5 min then it will make boost...thanks for any help :) 8)

I was having a similar condition on my n/a 3.1L. I had the atlernator checked at Advance, it read 14V on their tester, so I though it was fine. Then had it checked while on the car with it running, and it was puttin out like 12A or someting way too small. So, it could still be your atlernator. They can put out the proper volts and not enough Amps, and that will kill your battery slowly. Just a thought

Robby

Ive been through 3 alternators in 12 months. Have them hook their battery tester up with the car running with the alternator on. The should have a black circular clip that goes on the Neg battery cables, that will measure the amps going to the battery. First though, I forgot to mention this, check your battery for a dry or low cell

Robby

Have you check for battery drain?

Use a 12v light tester and connect it inline between the battery positive cable and the battery terminal post and see if the 12v light tester comes on and if it does then there is a drain.

You could also try to disconnect the battery cables when not in use and see if the battery holds a charge or if the car starts after two days.