what tires do you reccomend

jake91

last night my moms ga got a flat and i took it in to have it fixed and the showed me that the sidewall had split. so the car is due for tires anyways. i need a 225/50/16 tire. i am looking for something that has a good ride, great traction, a nice tread pattern, and a good wear rating. the type of tires doesnt matter (all season or summer) im just looking for the best tire. (also i mods i posted here because im not asking a specific question about the car. im only asking about tires but if it needs moved go ahead.)

tia

jake

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• AWeb80

• xtremerevolution

• IRONDOG442

i love my traction t/a's on the regal.

the lumina has goodyear eagle rsa's and they ride better, they are quieter, and they have a ton of miles on them. they are expensive though.

i love my traction t/a's on the regal.

the lumina has goodyear eagle rsa's and they ride better, they are quieter, and they have a ton of miles on them. they are expensive though.

That's funny. I went from an Eagle RS-A to the BFG Traction T/A. The BFG was in every possible way, a better tire. I have NO complaints about the BFG tire. The Goodyears got noisy, wore TERRIBLE, and just didn't last. I got 45,000 miles out of the BFG's on the front of the Cutty, never rotated, multiple burnouts, several near 150mph runs for extended periods, and just flat aggressive driving.

Yokohama Avid V4s

/thread

why are they so good?

For one, they are a good Yokohama... Much better than any Goodyear or BFG. Tends to balance better, If I remember, 60K mileage warrenty. Nice agressive directional design, quiter than the OE GDY Eagle RS-As with better traction. Plus they are V-rated (higher speed rating, better stability)

Michelin tires tend to be very good. the rubber seems to be a higher quality rubber, and they last and last.

however, alot of the Michelin Symmetry tires i see the the j/ys have excessive dry-rot, though the date codes show them to be 10-15 years old... those might be factory tires on some of those cars... :willynilly:

Yokohama Avid V4s

/thread

why are they so good?

It's rumored that yokohoma autopsy's michelin tires in an effort to make their own quality replicas.

I have a set of yokohoma AS430s with a genuine 80,000 miles of driving. They are unidirectional to maintain all weather use. If it weren't for lack of tire-rotations(thank you brother!) and some bad suspension parts, the tires would still be good to use. only the tire that had the lateral link fail is mostly bald. the rest pass the thread test, though they have been knobby for the last 50,000 miles due to my brother failing to have them rotated. in February I bounced off the speed governor while driving the car with them on and the car was always 100% stable. (yes, I drove to Toronto and back on a bald tire. and through the snow and all...) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they were retired at the end of the month.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/as430.aspx

I also have a set of yokohoma Avid touring tires (S rated, no other info to tell) and they are not considered to be snow tires, I've lost traction in them in the worst of conditions. but they are a great tire in all but the worst of conditions.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/avid_touring.aspx

I run Michelin Hydroedges on my Bonneville, very good tires. they are rated for 90,000 miles so hopefully they should be well worth the money spent on them if I end up getting that out of them. So far they have been great in all conditions.

Fuzion ZRi's. They have about 50 AutoX runs on them and have never been driven easily. i have about 28k miles on them and they still have plenty of tread.

Great ride and quality for a summer perf. tire

/Thread

potenzas are what we have now and they have been a very good tire but discount tire doesnt carry them i was also thinking about the eagle gt

I love the GT's.. cool tread pattern, and I can hook 100x better than with the RS-A's that were on the car when i bought it. I had em on for less than 2 weeks before getting the GT's. I really have a vendetta against rs-a's.

okay thanks ken im leaning toward the michelins due to the $70 rebate

how much total?

you aren't driving it like a race car, are you?

no its my moms car and she drives it easy. and the michelind were 650 with rebate.

what is the average cost of having a tire mounted and balenced if i were to buy at a place other than where i was haveing them put on

scratch that last question my mom is being stubborn and wont a buy tire from anywhere that isnt the place putting them on.

i know i saw that but like i said my mom only wants to buy from the place that is going to put them on