Steering Wheel Radio Controls, Vent Grilles, Etc - Interchangeable?

djrobnyc

I'm sorry if this is a very basic question, but I took a look at a 95 today that was in decent shape, but some of the plastic trim pieces/bits are worn and I'm wondering if 1) you can still find these parts to replace 2) if these things are interchangeable with other W-bodys of the same year - or close years.

What's worn: Steering wheel radio controls, vent grilles, some of the plastic knobs/switchgear on the climate control.

Anyone sell these things as NOS? Do they have to be from a Cutlass to match up exactly, or will other W-body parts fit? Any suggestions of where to look? Thank you.

i believe that only 95-97 cutlass are the same, and all the rest are different

what he said.

dash board, steering wheel and swrc etc etc etc are the same as coupes and sedans.

most of the trim, except the door sill, is vert specific.

the pass vent grille is interchangeable with similar years of Grand Prix's and Buick Regals.

Radio controls you can find on other Oldsmobiles too with the same wheel (Eighty Eights, Regency's, minivans, etc)

Knobs and such can be interchanged with a lot of different vehicles, but they may be visually different (but still function)

it seems if you have a decent yard near you you may be able to pick up a lot of this stuff as most of us have.

or you can have someone find the stuff for you at a yard near them. :mrgreen: