exhaust cutout

no1kicker

I've got a extra 2.25 flowtech cutout sitting in my garage. I bought the race readies kit for my TA and there were 2 cutouts in the box, so I was thinking of putting the other on the STE. What's the stock downpipe size? And would there be some noticable gains at the strip, even though it will probably sound like a 74 buick with the thing opened. What do you guys think.

Guest TurboSedan

just a sec i'm gonna go measure my TGP crossover ID.....looks like exactly 2 & 1/8" inner diameter. and it shouldn't be really loud or anything, considering the turbo quites things down quite a bit....

i wish there was a custom crossover for use with a TGP available, match that with T3 turbo, a custom 3" downpipe, bigger injectors, custom chip, alcohol injection, lower compression pistons, and a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust....just think of what a TGP could do then....ecspecially with a good FMIC setup.

joshua

I've got a gutted cat, and no mufflers on my TGP, as soon as I get a chance I will be removing the cat altogether. I don't think it will make a big difference. I absolutely LOVE the sound. It sounds like a V-8. Not raspy popping or anything like I thought it would do. The P/O had the exh. work done and said he tried a bunch of different combo's of mufflers and tips, and now it has gutted cat, no mufflers, 2.25" back to dual and quad tips out the back. It looks great and sounds great. I am going to be making a mandrel bent 3" exhaust for the TGP as soon as I get around to it. I will draw it up on paper and auto-cad when all is done, maybe we could get a company interested in mass. producing it. :lol: