Wheel Ponderings...

White93z34

i'm just saying..... you need to be able to afford a 1" thick bolt on adapter to properly use a wheel with a different bolt pattern (I'm not talking 5 x 114.3)

Depends on the offset of those Torrent wheels.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOT2B GM

• White93z34

• xtremerevolution

• IRONDOG442

i'm just saying..... you need to be able to afford a 1" thick bolt on adapter to properly use a wheel with a different bolt pattern (I'm not talking 5 x 114.3)

Depends on the offset of those Torrent wheels.

No, you need to be able to find a guy who will machine those rims to 5x115 for you with the correct center bore. The guy I know down in LA did mine professionally (was a VERY clean job) with the right machinery for the job. He machined the center bore to just BARELY big enough (had to wobble them in to fit), drilled out the bolt holes to 5x115, and pressed in lugnut inserts (the black pieces), all for $25 a wheel.

Photo_050109_002.jpg

Photo_050109_001.jpg

Cheaper than 1" thick spacers that can potentially ruin your offset.

well I'd say you got a hell of a deal at $25 / rim

Yeah, I sure did. I got an amazing deal on the whole package. $400 for the rims + tires (Pirelli P6's at 235/45/17 with 60 miles on them), $100 for machining, and $50 for mounting and balancing. I'm sure he's not the only one in the country though. These are the tires:

Photo_050109_003.jpg

Photo_050109_004.jpg

All I'm saying is, don't ignore a certain rim style if you absolutely love it just for the sake of the bolt pattern. Price shop around, and you should be able to find a good deal.

I know, but you just have to figure in the cost of modifications / spacers on top of the price on a set of wheels that is a "great deal"

After the added cost, the deal may not be so great anymore.

I know, but you just have to figure in the cost of modifications / spacers on top of the price on a set of wheels that is a "great deal"

After the added cost, the deal may not be so great anymore.

Which is why I was just saying, those rims on that SUV look awesome. If you could find them for $400 with a good set of tires, another $100 on top of that will still make them a great deal.

But in parallel to your point, you do need to find a good deal to make it worthwhile.

I think you would be very hard pressed to find those GXP rims with decent rubber for under $600 from what I've seen shopping for OEM rim/tire sets.

Anyone care to photoshop my rims on that lumina?

CopyofIMG_2228.jpg

I don't presume to think they're the best thing on the planet, but they do look pretty damn good.

I can't even think of any place here that would actually do that, let alone do it for a good price. You are advantaged on the west coast. Not saying those wheels don't look good, cause they do. Just the likelihood of finding anyone to modify wheels around here is nil. So I'd prefer to stick to something that needs a spacer at worst to bolt on.

Andrei....do you have any center caps for those?

I have 2nd gen regal GSX center caps which fit perfectly, BUT I only have 3 of them. I had bought 4, but apparently left one in Chicago. I'll be getting those on there as soon as I find the 4th one. I also have chrome lugnuts that are going in soon.

Why, do you have any other suggestions? I ask because I'm not 100% sure I'll ever find the 4th one.

That is a hot truck though, I would love to have a metallic black Torrent GXP

I got mine on "the deal of the century" but it had to be White. and just that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda like it. i need a really thin spacer for the front ones. and the back ones need something as the rear of the wheel hits on the parking brake cable bracket, I have it removed for the pictures

Contact Adam, he's made 1/8" and 1/4" thick spacers in the past that you could use for the front. Any thicker than that and I'd recommend longer studs for up to a 1" thick slide on spacer. More than that and I would go for a bolt on spacer on the stock studs.