My new to me 1989 TGP

Turbo v-sick

I just acquired a 1989 TGP from a TGP forums member. I went to pick it up Sunday and I am very pleased with my purchase. This has got to be one of the rarest TGPs I have ever seen... It is in awesome shape for a 20 + year old hot rod.. Here is a link to some recent pics. Notice the build sheets lower left corner to see who the car was sold/shipped to and the early build date top right..

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww239/Adam9523/

I am taking a 2 week vacation and when i get back i will pull the LG5 for a complete rebuild...

welcome (back) to the club! ..having one of each color that is.

I think you have the best collection of anybody with your super low mileage ones.

Whats really cool is the amount of paper work with this one. I have the actual papers from ASC when the car was released to Pontiac headquarters on 3-3-89. The paper work states that the car was to be driven back to Pontiac Michagan from Kanas city. Then there is more paper work that says it was taken to different facilities as a show car for Pontiac and GM. After that it was sent to the evaluation dept and then the price review group.

Now that I have looked the ASC papers over a little better.

The car code is: GM GPT 9

Part # is: 1G5WP14VOKF284920-0

Description: Pontiac Grand Prix

I wonder if the car code has any thing to do with production numbers? Maybe this is the 9th one off of the assembly line for 89.. Or even better the 9th one made by ASC... :mrgreen:

I got a motor I want to rebuild as well. I got some special parts to go on it when I do. but I need a full engine kit for mine.

what all do you got planned for it?

what all do you got planned for it?

The previous owner installed a new cam, lifters, t-chain and 1.6 rockers. It did not work out and at the very least some valves will need to be replaced along with the cam, lifters and a few pushrods. I'm just going to pull the engine and freshen it up... :biggrin:

• 3 months later...