• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• GOT2B GM

• jake91

• mfewtrail

they are so plentiful in the junkyard. and i do like the visibility out of mine. and it was my first (and only) car

Same here, I love how easy it is to get parts, really comfortable to drive, decent on gas..... the list goes on and on :willynilly:

W's FTW! Reminds me of those Pontiac commercials in the 90's that said wider is better.

Because I always wanted a T-bird (even in the UK, we'd heard of them and I test-drove a Super Coupe once in Kansas), and was looking for one when I came across something just as good!

We never got US models in Europe, apart from the odd personal import (usually corvettes, firebirds, mustangs etc) and or ex-US servicemen's cars around the air bases, so I'd never heard of any of the W-body cars until I came across my Z34 for sale.

I fell in love with it as soon as I saw the advert (I think the link is still good):

http://www.encuentra24.com/clasificados-page-o356087-panama-316-en.html

As soon as the wife got home, she called the seller (my Spanish is still pretty rudimentary), we saw it 2 days later and paid a deposit on the spot. 2 weeks later, it's in the drive, a bit cleaner but still without a battery or tyres ...... and I love it even more! Every preconception I had has been proved wrong, I thought US car parts would be cheaper and easier to find in Panama, I thought a big US car would be easier to work on and have more room under the hood ....... how wrong I was! But, I have a rare, powerful and stylish car that is exactly want I want in a car ...... just a shame its not a V8 under the hood :wink:

Extraordinarily practical, reminds me of my first car, but a bit bigger and a lot more powerful. Reliable. Fucking love it. I've put nearly 15,000 miles on it in less than 6 months, and I'm about to drive it to California and back, I trust it 100% to get me there and back.

Cheap and parts are plentiful. Plus they can take a shit kicking in winter and constant starting in -40 or lower with no problems. Shit my '90s A/C still works and it's original R12 lol

I was a huge a-body fan, still am, but once I sat in the gp at test drive I was hooked. Even when it had a stock exhaust that tone spoke to me! I was half way through the test drive and already thinking of the mods for it! Im shocked constantly by what that little 3.1 with so little power can do with this heavy car! :smile:

I was a huge a-body fan, still am, but once I sat in the gp at test drive I was hooked. Even when it had a stock exhaust that tone spoke to me! I was half way through the test drive and already thinking of the mods for it! Im shocked constantly by what that little 3.1 with so little power can do with this heavy car! :smile:

the little 3.1 makes ALL of its power in the low-rpm range, which is why it moves it as well as it does. try revving it above 5000RPM, it feels like a honda... the iron head 60* motors were even worse, but they've come a long way.

unless by 3.1 you mean 3100, then all of that was pointless. and ditto on the exhaust, iT R lOveLy

Example:

Today I unexpectedly hit a pothole. Well, That's putting it nicely.

Imagine this: Concrete road. They cut a square out of it for what the hell ever reason they to to concrete roads. No cones or anything, just filled with gravel. It was filled with water, so it looked even with the pavement. WRONG... Imagine hitting a solid 4" concrete curb at 40MPH, that's what I did.

I was only a few blocks from home so I kept going, totally expecting the tire to be flat by the time I got home. Surprisingly it didn't shake or wobble on the way home. I didn't look at it right away... I went out to eat with my parents first. This is the front pass side tire, BTW.

Got home, checked it only to find NO evidence of the smash...

Been driving it all day, at LEAST i expected my alignment to be fucked, but nope, I can go for over a mile on the highway with no hands. Incredible.

somebody here has said it before:

its the correct combination of power/style/luxury/fuel economy/reliability/safety

So by correct combination you mean none of those???

somebody here has said it before:

its the correct combination of power/style/luxury/fuel economy/reliability/safety

So by correct combination you mean none of those???

ok, i'll be the first to admit, it doesn't have a LOT of the individual qualities, but in my mind W's are well-rounded vehicles...

lol all i have to say is it was a 100% improvement of my 91 chevy beretta lol.

Do i have to explain anymore :mrgreen:

x2 500% improvement from my geo whats funny is i used to hate these cars :lol:

I like them because they are comfortable for a big guy like me. at least the driver seat is roomy and comfortable. and the big trunk.

why don't I just go get a cadillac? I can't figure out why.... but I won't do it.

I could have gotten my dad's old 93 seville for damn near free probably, but I told him to go ahead and just trade it in because I am too in love with my TGP. I should have hooked it up though, that car was sweet.

When I was car shopping the first time ever, I remember test driving a Probe GT and then phoning my insurance company and getting a quote of $3,300 a year.

I bought the Cutlass and the quote was just over $1,300 a year.

I loved the options. Some of this stuff you still can't get on mid-sized sedans today: Steering wheel controls (can't live without them now), Climate Control, keyless entry (it used to be unique), just all sorts of toys that made me feel like I was buying "semi-luxury."

I have always been a fan of how some of these cars look with exceptions that are typical for just about everyone on this forum. All Grand Prix sedans '90-96, base Lumina sedans, and some Regals.

They were nicely-styled vehicles.

Plus - and this is a huge one: PLASTIC CLADDING!!!! I'm totally in love with that stuff, so is my car in the winter!

Everyone's going to get a good laugh out of this, but I always wanted a Grand Prix GTP coupe for the looks (the Gen 1, ones), but always stayed away from the GTP's because of the engine and insurance, it took me until about 2005 to suddenly realize that you could get one with a 3100 engine in it . . . and then the search began.

I love my w-body because:

Back when i was 17, a dumb old fart pulled out infront of me, and i totalled his brand new hyundai elantra. took a direct hit between the drivers and passengers doors...destroyed the pass door, the rear qarter, broke his rim, blew out the rear suspension, ripped off the rear bumper cover, and then some... The Only damage to my car, was a broken headlight adjuster and broken corner lens... (and a slight ding in the hood). Then the jerk never turned it in to his insurance company....(it was his fault but i still would have made him pay for the minimal damage to my car) oh well tho..

I got rear ended by a 90's ford ranger...in the high school parking lot...no damage to me..his bumper was mangled.

I've had to stop suddenly dozens of times and left 10+ long skid marks on roads before.....

And she was my first car, and i have done all the work to her since i got her, and she will always be my baby, no matter how ugly her paint may be.

My TGP is my first car, so it has sentimental value.. So many memories with it.

I love the way they feel when you're driving one. I just feel right at home in my comfy AQ9s with the deep rumble of a 3.1 in the background. :cool: Too bad they like to break :a little: too frequently for my liking!