got a boss cd player.........

Crimson Fury Z

......and got the gm wiring harness for it, along w/an indash kit. i've got the amp for my speakers, so will the boss be compatible? also, any good tips for the install? :razz:

there is no reason that it wouldn't work as long as you do the wiring right, but I would rather have a stock deck in my car then anything made by Boss

Oh IDK, I have a Boss Audio Amp and I am very happy with it. All 5 channels powered from one amp. So maybe their amps are better than their head units?

Oh IDK, I have a Boss Audio Amp and I am very happy with it. All 5 channels powered from one amp. So maybe their amps are better than their head units?

Yeah, they are upgraded from trashcan to dumpster status.

Their amps are ok. We sell a couple at my work for the people that just want the absolute cheapest stuff. We used to sell one of their radios as our cheap radio but it was a pile of crap and most of them came back defective. But as long as it works you might as well throw it in there. And to answer your question yes the radio should go in now problem with the correct harness and dashkit. You also will need a GM antenna adapter if you dont already have one.

i have the same panasonic head unit in the monte since 1996...

only recently(~2 years ago) did it have an amp hooked up to it.

the ONLY issues i've ever had with it, are when its like -10 outside and i try to put a CD in... well the CD fogs up and it won't read it for about an hour with the heater blowing through the panel vents, so i don't really think thats the CD player's fault...

• 3 weeks later...

i have the same panasonic head unit in the monte since 1996...

only recently(~2 years ago) did it have an amp hooked up to it.

the ONLY issues i've ever had with it, are when its like -10 outside and i try to put a CD in... well the CD fogs up and it won't read it for about an hour with the heater blowing through the panel vents, so i don't really think thats the CD player's fault...

My Kenwood works just fine at -40. I just run the CD across my jacket or shirt before putting it in the player. I only have burned discs which is why I am not scared to ruin them...that's the whole point of burned dicsc IMO.