Is there an external factory amp in 96 GP?

webxfx

I have the "8 speaker" system, its GM's wireing of the co-axel speakers that makes it "8" anyways the rear 6X9" have two inputs and the woofer part in non-fadding. Makes me thing there is a factory amp someplace or is they all done off the deck?

i dont know of those having a amp. But its possible. If your hooking up a aftermarket radio and get no sound then it does. If thats the case all you should need to do is hook up the amp turn on lead.

I have the "8 speaker" system, its GM's wireing of the co-axel speakers that makes it "8" anyways the rear 6X9" have two inputs and the woofer part in non-fadding. Makes me thing there is a factory amp someplace or is they all done off the deck?

yes. If equipped (it should with an 8 speaker system) it is located in the dash, to the right of the steering column. remove the kick panel below the steering wheel and look for two gray trapazoid shaped tabs to the right of column. that is the amp, unless it was moved between model years.

i dont know of those having a amp. But its possible. If your hooking up a aftermarket radio and get no sound then it does. If thats the case all you should need to do is hook up the amp turn on lead.

the amp is only for the rear subwoofers!