1995 3.4 convertible top issue.....

CLEVOHMAN

last summer, I put the top down, and then heard a "thunk" on the left hand side in the trunk.

when I got to work and tried to put the top up, only the right side tried to raise electronically. I had to get out and manually raise the left side of the top.

I tried to lower the top today since the weather was nice, and only the right hand isde tried to lower.

what seems to be the problem, and how can I go about fixing it. I need to be using the convertible with the top down. it give great pleasure.

Thank you for your help.

hi. you answered my post about the convertible top issue. where can I find the hydraulic part of which you mention? is it located in the trunk? my prolem was that the left side of my top will not go down..

grab a flashlight. and climb in the back seat. look down in the driver's side area by the rear window. can you see it? you should be able to reach in and touch it... it you can move it up and down, it is likely broken.

if you have a bit more time to spend, you can remove the rear seat... bottom comes out with two 13mm bolts under the front, and the rear with two 10 or 11 mm bolt and lifts straight up. with them clear, you should be able to see it a bit better...

The end of the ram that bolts to the lifting mechanisms will unscrew from the ram. My right one broke a couple of years ago. IF it is only the end that is broken, you will not have to pull out the back seat. I pulled the one off the left side and took it to a friend that is a fabricator. He made me a replacement AND some extras.

To ease in installation, put the top up, then get someone the push the button to raise the ram while you guide the ram up and stop it when the holes line up.