window falling down..help asap please!

douellette

when i put the window down on the drivers front of my car (97 cutlass supreme coupe with power windows) the front of it drops down and u have to lift it back to where its supposed to be to get it down and also have to work it back into place slowly when you lift it back up. does that sound like the window regulator? when i took the door panel off i found a piece of rubber just sitting in the bottom of the door, not sure if its a guide piece or something?

sound like it is just out of track. if these are anything like my old car i think you can just pull the door pannel,and adjust some screws

how do you adjust it. im not sure what adjustment screws your talking about. does anyone have pics? i have an exploded view of the whole door from my local dealership if you guys want me to post that up.

well this was in my geo and it also wasnt power windows, but at the bottom of the window track there were 4 screws you could loosen, and then adjust the window and tighten them up agian

well i found 2 adjusting bolts for a track thats on the front side of the window (towards front of car when door is closed) but after looking it, it dosnt line up quite right with the part of the track thats in the top half of the door and also most of the felt is gone from the lower track. i changed the regulator from a junkyard car today and it didnt act any different so its not the regulator.

here is some pics of that rubber peice i found and the parts explosion.

DSC01457.jpg[/img]

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the window tracks are "C" channels. the front track sometimes opens up with use... you have a chance right now to reach in the door and squeeze it tighter so that it will hold the glass better.

if you are still having this issue...

well i "adjusted" the front track like someone else said to do and that made it a little bit better. but now it goes down fine, its just when u go to put it up. the front acts like it wants to stay in place and just the rear goes up. any ideas? haha

spray lubricant on the track? if much of the felt is gone, get another track from a car at the j/y and if it looks better, try it. don;t forget to squeeze it tighter!