bad injector leaking?

boostedponty

i have a 90 tgp that i think may have a leaking injector isnt hitten on all 6 cylinders at low rpms but seems to smooth out at higher rpms i replaced all three coils and no different how could i find out if i have a leaking injector and how to find out which one it is thats bad and i forgot to mention puffs black gray smoke like crazy now and im getting gas in the oil

Grab your mutimeter and ohm out each fuel injector. Tell us the numbers you get on each one. It won't tell you if they are leaking, but it will tell you if they are working correctly electronically.

If you have more than one that is bad, I would suggest buying a new set of C302 Yellowtop injectors for it. I'm running a set in my TGP, and they work great.

where do u get the ford yellow tops from and bout how much are they cuz im just trying to get it running again so i can get rid of her 2much of a project for me when u already have five other toys to maintain and make fast lol cuz i f i can figure out which one is bad i could just get a replacement for cheaper

Someone on here found them on Ebay for a low price, I bought them from five0motorsports and they were $249 shipped to my door for a set of 6.. For how much better the car ran, I can't complain!

fuel in the oil, sounds like an mechanically open injector. pull the spark plugs off after priming the fuel pump (turn the key fwd without starting the car you should hear the pump run for 2 seconds) the wet plug is from the cylinder with the bad injector. I filled a cylinder full of fuel troubleshooting the ignition and busted the starter nose. when I pulled the injectors the cylinder was full of fuel and poured out of the injector bung like a busted sprinkler. I was able to blow though injector like a straw. another thing you might try is pulling the fuel rail off with injectors and re-connector the fuel line to see which one squirts fuel out, dangerous so a friend and a extinguisher will be a good safety precaution

injectors which are mechanically bad can have a good coil and measuring impedance will be a waste of time.

that would be a good test if one wasn't squirting fuel when you have a good pulse and fuel pressure

before anyone cry's out how dare you, the open injector was not in my tgp

I agree to a point, however with how old these injectors are, it is likely that they have gone bad electronically. If you have more than one or two electronically bad injectors, I would go ahead and replace the set with new injectors. It is a worthwhile investment.

im thinken its more of a mechanical problem to be honest cuz it is puten enough gas in the oil and its running way rich on at least one cylinder and it gets better at higher rpms which makes me beleave that its not closeing and just dumping fuel into the engine that it doesnt need