need to do brakes

jake91

Being that his car is a 94, do his piston even have the turn-in style pistons? I thought 94+ just pushed in with a C-clamp.

No, you definitely need to turn them.

I would get the proper square brake tool. I've used pliers before, but if the cylinder is particularly stuck, the pliers will slip and they will damage the boot. It's kind of a bitch but the square tool is less of a bitch than pliers.

autozone carries them with there loan a tool program so thats not a probleml.

i said the hell with it. since im under a time crunch right now. i took the car to midas to have the brakes checked. i will see hat they have to say then either pay them or do it myself. depending on what it is

Being that his car is a 94, do his piston even have the turn-in style pistons? I thought 94+ just pushed in with a C-clamp.

No, you definitely need to turn them.

Agreed. Pretty much every setup I've seen with the disk brake: service/ park brake combo is like this. Also, I remember a thread awhile back about someone saying you could just unbolt the lever/ something off the backside of the caliper and just squish it in with a pliers. Supposedly way simpler, but I haven't tried it, nor can I remember who posted it.

also the caliper wasnt dragging like i thought it was just bad pads and rotors

Keep in mind that greasing up the sliders will do you absolutely no good if the bushings are cracked or rotted.