"Stains" on Leather Interior...?

oldscsc

I'm in the middle of detailing my car and have a question. On one of the seats the PO got what looks like blue nail polish on the leather. Then a couple weeks ago I had a pen in the front seat for some reason and it exploded and dried before I ever saw it. :confused:

How should I go about removing this nail polish / ink? I don't want to goabout it the wrong way and mess it up to a further extent.

well if this is the white leather in the vert get a scrub brush and some bleach and water and clean the seats just dont get any on the carpet i made that mistake

Nail polish remover. Spray Nine...something like that with work. Don't let it soak in the leather too much - and after it's all done make sure you apply a bunch of conditioner as the cleaners are hard on leather.

If you can't get it out, you can call up Fibernew or one of those companies that fixes interiors (I'm sure if you called a dealership they would be able to help). The guy that does stuff at our dealership (and probably most in the area) he would dye the leather or plastic and he does an amazing job, you can't even tell anything was done to it.

There is a brand of leather cleaner I once used on my dad's Envoy when I had a pen that leaked everywhere. It was Blue Magic or something from Wally-World. It works fairly well. Did require a good amount of scrubbing though.

Had some minor stains, nothing like ink or nail polish, on my tan leather. Checked my wifes home remedy cleaning book and one cleaner was backing soda and water mixed to a past. Worked very well. Then a good conditioner as in the previous post.

Let us know what you end up using, and how it works.

Tom