Passenger heated seat idea

AL

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for a heated seat in a 97-03 GP? I think I am going to try and fab one up... If I find a power heated leather drivers seat in good condition, I think I am going to pick it up and wire it in... Did they come available with dual power seats or just power drivers?

just driver in that year.

I've swapped cadillac heated seat elements into my LTZ when I had it. I used the caddy switches, but my buddy did the same but used the GP switches. He figured out that most GM heated seats are wired and switched the same.

He's got a post on BonnevillePro.com about it I believe.

It was pretty easy to go. Hardest part was seperating the heating element from the leather on the Caddy seats.

I don't think it would be possible to put a driver's seat in the passenger side (without alot of modification) cause the controls and seatbelt are on the opposite side.

Impala's heated seats have the switch on the seat itself, so you'd only have to put power to the seat and not have to worry about any other wiring. Drivers seat is power adjustable, passenger is not, but both are heated.

The Monte carlo is different, it's got the switch on the center console I believe.

Hmmm... I forgot about the seatbelt... I doubt I would be able to switch that... I would end up having to put the heating element in the passenger seat... I dunno how well that will work... Well thats just like ZZPs kit... If it wasnt so expensive, I would buy it.

I would just find some leather 04-05 Impala seats, they are much more comfortable then GP seats (but you'll likley be limited to light grey or tan). I say 04-05 cause I find they are a bit nicer then my 03 seats (however I find them still much more comfortable then any GP seats).

Or you could look for some 04+ GP seats, you'll have to wire up a switch but it can't be all that much work..

or just save yourself the time of searching for seats and buy that kit, which is probably what I would do.

When I used the Cadillac heated seat elements, I think it cost me ~$20. I'll look for more information. if you are a do it your self person, you could do it for less than 1/3rd of the cost of the kit.

Does anyone have pictures of the driver and passenger seats?

I was looking at Aleros before I bought the GP but I didnt find any decent low mile ones... I didnt look for any Intrigues tho.

I like Intrigues alright, but I don't care for Aleros. They are just the same as a Grand Am..

An Impala is a GP/Monte Carlo lol... I was looking at Grand Am v6/GTs also tho... Along with 95-00 v6 Avengers/Sebrings, v6 Berettas, Bonnevilles, 1st Gen v6 Cavaliers, 5 speed Stratus R/Ts, Supercharged Monte Carlos/Impalas, A couple other v6 FWD cars

just find the +04 seats.....your back/ass will thank you

Speaking of which, my lower back hurts with these seats after a while. I know it won't if I set the lumbar correctly, but I have no idea how it should be...