100k maintenance on 03 GP 3800

AL

Big *** Al Walker's: BIG *** 100K Car Maintenance Roundup!!

Well you check them by pushing down on the car and seeing resistance or something... Idr

I think that I'm aboot 15K shorter than you, my stuff is stiff as hell still, as in not showing signs of wear - at least in my opinion.

big-gay-al-im-super-thanks-for-asking.gif

Ok so I have been looking up parts and prices...

stick to a basic plug, whatever brand. its stock, and there are no gains to be had with a $7 plug.

i agree that replacing struts before they feel they need it is a waste. those Monroe's are fine for a daily.

the ZZP high flo filter is a good choice.

if you want more power out of your L36, the best place to start is the HV3 intake insert, 2.5" downpipe and ZZP's ER Ratio rockers.

replace the upper intake itself with the improved one. this is the biggie for the L36.

Better one as in the L26 one?

inspect brakes.

install a cabin air filter since the GP's didnt come with one. just ask for one for a regal. the provisions are there, just no air filter. it goes under the cowl. when doing this make sure the weatherstripping that blocks water from entering the cabin air box is attached well.

I dont think I have heard of that before... Where exactly is that filter box at?

clean the EGR.

clean the MAF with MAF ONLY cleaner.

clean the throttle body.

replace serpentine belt.

My replies are in bold

The L26 one will not work, I don't think. Since it uses the drive-by-wire TB, I'm pretty sure the L36 TB won't bolt up. They have an improved/reinforced L36 upper intake that won't warp like the factory ones will. ZZP sells it, and other places do too. My mechanic got one for me a while back.

To do the cabin air filter/weatherstripping under the cowl, this is a great help!!

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=2398123&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

I believe an L-26 UIM will work w/ an L-36 motor becuase the ZZP TB adaptor sais it works for a Gen V swap using an L-67 TB to the Gen V or an L-26 UIM to an L-36 TB....but im not sure if you need an L-26 LIM to go w/ the UIM....like you do the L-32 LIM to go w/ the Gen V on an L-67 motor..... but the TB adaptor will let u use a series 3 UIM w/ an L-36 TB

And as for the struts go...... i have 105K on my GTP on all bone stock suspension... and she still handles 100% fine.

i have 105K on my GTP on all bone stock suspension... and she still handles 100% fine.

haha, lucky. I have at most 70k on mine and they're fuckin horrible

i meen obviously it doesnt handle like it has eibach's and a gmpp suspension kit..... but for bone stock suspension..... it huggs pretty decent......cars got mostly highway miles on it anyways.. so 105K on the suspension hasnt been abusive that much to it..... plus down here in Florida u dont really need good cornering components.... its literally all flat as a pancake, straight as an arrow roads down here. It'sbasicaly like Nebraska with tropical vegetation lol.

i have 105K on my GTP on all bone stock suspension... and she still handles 100% fine.

i meen obviously it doesnt handle like it has eibach's and a gmpp suspension kit..... but for bone stock suspension..... it huggs pretty decent......cars got mostly highway miles on it anyways.. so 105K on the suspension hasnt been abusive that much to it..... plus down here in Florida u dont really need good cornering components.... its literally all flat as a pancake, straight as an arrow roads down here. It'sbasicaly like Nebraska with tropical vegetation lol.

Well yeah I didn't think you were going to outhandle cars at the autocross or anything lol

Well yeah I didn't think you were going to outhandle cars at the autocross or anything lol

They actually have an autocross track very close to here i found out....im not really into that anyways even if i had suspension work done.... im a 1/4 mile kinda guy lol

I test drove another 03 GP today to see how it handled and to see if I would like the DIC and while driving down the road, I couldnt feel a bump but in my car its way different, I feel every bump... But that could be other things than struts also...

Ugh... I need a different nickname

You know, there are people out there with 'real problems" - not their internet nicknames. There's probably some dumb sap out there who actually has the name of Al and is a big guy, maybe even . . . . . has a girlfriend and is not gay. You're problem is minimal!

BTW - You should be able to feel bumps, the cars' have stiff suspensions, it's just how they rebound.

Dealer could have just gone soft on the tires to make the ride softer.

Eather AC Delco or Autolite double platnum spark plugs are a good choice.

Seeing as how you have a GM product,i would lean more towards AC Delco's.

Also be sure to do the Seafoam treatment BEFORE you change your spark plugs.