window control module

jake91

im assuming the is some sort of control module for the windows. please correct me if im wrong. i think this is the reason my rear windows dont work. last night my rear windows started working so i was able to rule out motors and switches. now this morning they quit working again and all i here is a click from the dash when i hit the switch. what i want to know is will a module from a sedan work in a vert

thanks

jake

Sedans do not have the all-window-down like the convertibles. Hence it does not have the module. It will have to come from a convertible. And I believe it is 1994 only but 1995 MAY work.

I have an extra, but I have a plan for it... :neutral:

When I got my car, the passenger side rear window didn't work from that switch, although it worked fine from the master switch. It was just that switch. I would say switch but IMO it would be strange for both to go at once. Just confirming, you can't roll them down from the back switches either?

no switch will roll down the rear windows when i hit any of the buttons it will just click in the dash. now last night everything worked perfect the windows rolled down no problem from all switches. now again today they dont work, and are doing the thing they originaly did

no switch will roll down the rear windows when i hit any of the buttons it will just click in the dash. now last night everything worked perfect the windows rolled down no problem from all switches. now again today they dont work, and are doing the thing they originaly did

does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong then

First is to put the top down and take out the 8 philips screws to the top trim. Before you can remove the bottom part, the dome light lens will need to be taken off - 3 small philips screws.

Then remove the coat hooks. One philips screw each.

There's a long philips screw under the ashtray and towards the front of the car.

Take out the phillips screw holding down the trim that runs to the front of the car and lift up the trim slightly.

If the panels have never been removed, there's a bracket riveted to the inside...I usually just take a small flathead and pop the rivets apart. They break easily and don't damage the panel or the metal it's riveted to.

They they will come out...There's some plastic push-ins that are in the section that goes towards the top of the car.

Unhook the window switch and speakers and they can be removed from the car.

is there any easier way to access the motor than this

not really. BUT... if you pull the ashtray, you may be able to pop out the switch and be able to probe it to determine if the motor is good or bad.

When I have had issues with any window motor, I sometimes jump it with direct connection to a live car battery. if it moves properly thru it's full range, then the problem is elsewhere. All you need to do is pop the switch out, remove it from it's connector, and determine which wires go directly to the window motor.

• 1 month later...

sorry to raise an old thread and to jack but in my 95 i can only work the windows from the master, none of the other switches work and i have changed the front pass. switch twice and still got nothing. any ideas??

and sorry jake

no problem :lol: i talked to my neighbor and he thinks my problem is a bad master switch because when you press the lock/unlock button it doesnt click into place it just slides