• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• Crazy K

• AWeb80

• ManicMechanic

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ctd/971145324.html

Might pick this up for a song... some detailing and a few new body panels and I might have a nice 2nd gen!

I would inquire about the title....if that does indeed have a clear title, I would consider that.....hell that wouldn't be expensive at all to fix and clean up....definitely not going to be a show winner but wouldn't be for the $ invested....

btw....you ears would hate you if you drove it home without the cat.....a straight pipe would be horrible enough, but nothing would almost be unbearable.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ctd/971145324.html

Might pick this up for a song... some detailing and a few new body panels and I might have a nice 2nd gen!

I would inquire about the title....if that does indeed have a clear title, I would consider that.....hell that wouldn't be expensive at all to fix and clean up....definitely not going to be a show winner but wouldn't be for the $ invested....

btw....you ears would hate you if you drove it home without the cat.....a straight pipe would be horrible enough, but nothing would almost be unbearable.

It does have a salvage title, I found the original auction.

I know in MN you can just drive a salvage title vehicle, I'm pretty sure Iowa is the same way.

:EDIT: nevermind on the Iowa thing, When I totaled my 94 CS, I bought a white 92 from a yard here in Iowa to steal the front clip from. They told me to transfer it to MN (lived in MN at the time) it would have to be inspected for $300. I thought I'd beat the shit out of it for awhile till the trans or motor gave out because it made the 1/2 hour trip to LeRoy and all we did was bypass the heater core and throw a battery in it. I beleive that's just if you buy it form a yard, I know for a fact you can total a car, buy it back, and sell it to anyone with a salvage title and it doesn't have to be inspected. It could aso have had something to do with transferring it to another state, I think if I would have transferred it into IA I could have just drove it.

Hmm. Don't know. Still considering picking it up if it's still available come tax time.

We've got the Malibu running and the brake parts to fix it, which we'll be doing shortly. We'll have some time to think now.

Update: Malibu running and drivable. I have to change the other side brake pads but the brakes work great now.

Looking casually for a vehicle in the short term. If any nice ones come up that need minor repair, I will jump on them.

In any case, our schedules conflict enough that we do need a second car. Eventually, I will end up needing to purchase or barter for a second vehicle.

Thanks to Ken for the ignition cylinder(s) and thanks to Matt for moral support. :lol: