Cutlass Knock - Fun stuff.

GP1138

John, you need a running vehicle.....why not take Kens offer....it's up to you if you want to be picky in this situation.

The way I see it, you have 2 options, A & B.

A. Ken trades you for teh black 4-door (you want a 4 door) that runs great

B. Ken gives you a known good 3.4 motor, and Sean, Ken, whoever come down to offer help to swap it in in no time

these 2 options leave NO room for thinking....it's either A or B......besides, you want to sell the car anyways....

swap cars w/ Ken and you don't have to worry about getting a new car.....or swap motors and drive for a while, or use unneeded mental energy trying to sell the car AND find another suitable one.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• Crazy K

• AWeb80

• ManicMechanic

My initial intent is to get the Malibu running. It runs fine, and once we get the brakes fixed, will also stop fine. It's not that big of a deal to sell my car, though I am probably going to buy Ken's 3.4L anyway and swap it in.

Once the Malibu gets running, I've got plenty of time to be picky. And I'm good at finding deals on CL. If a deal doesn't look good, I won't take it, simple as that.

I don't like Ken's sedan, plain as that. It has nothing personal to do with Ken, nor his work on the car, nor anything. I simply don't want it. I've got plenty of options once we get the Malibu running.

Ken, I do appreciate the offer, but if I'm buying anything off of you, it's the 3.4L you have.

very well. once the weather warms up, I will be painting the car... and then i will be driving it with a for sale sign in the window anyhow.

for the record, We need to see how hard it will be to do. I noticed you have locked the engine up. sigh. makes the job harder.

we need to negotiate a fair price for the motor, + delivery + equipment. but of course you're hard to reach. I'm not sure where you came up with $100 for my good motor?!?!?!?

what I figure, given the chance of time and everything... is me delivering the engine in a borrowed truck with an engine lift, and I go home after the successful swap with the bad engine and my lift.

I think if i supply and haul... call me later.

I'm not sure where you came up with $100 for my good motor?!?!?!

This was discussed in a phone call we had, wasn't a final price, just an idea.. $100 plus my motor... it wasn't set in stone, obviously we are going to discuss it... I'm not trying to swindle you. :roll:

John, you need a running vehicle.....why not take Kens offer....it's up to you if you want to be picky in this situation.

he has every right to be picky if he wants to, IMHO of course....

That's a POS. why would you buy another cheap shitty car that needs a shitload of work. if you plan on getting the malibu running again, why not hold off and save a little money and buy a half decent car this time.

That's a POS. why would you buy another cheap shitty car that needs a shitload of work. if you plan on getting the malibu running again, why not hold off and save a little money and buy a half decent car this time.

It's just an idea. I'm doing some extensive looking around, I also have a tax return coming. The Cutlass was a half-decent car that I picked up for more than I'd pay out of pocket for the GP I just posted. I just should have been more careful with the Cutlass, I'm pissed at myself about that.

And it has a salvage title.

Serious? I put the VIN into Carfax but it didn't specify that. If it does I'll tell him to forget it.

You'll notice the bottom of the pics...They are from IAAI salvage pool in Indy.

Serious? I put the VIN into Carfax but it didn't specify that. If it does I'll tell him to forget it.

Hmm.. I see something about auto auctions but you know more about regional stuff than I do, HA. I won't fuck with a salvage title.

Hmm.. I see something about auto auctions but you know more about regional stuff than I do, HA. I won't fuck with a salvage title.

It's a bit of a pain in Ohio...

Ah, it's missing the catalytic converter. Remember the days when precious metals were through the roof and everyone was going nuts stealing things? :lol:

My plan was just to take some straight pipe out there with two exhaust wraps and get it home like that, then get a cat welded in later. :lol: Either that or just drive it home as is and wait to get pulled over. :lol: