Cutlass Knock - Fun stuff.

GP1138

Once in awhile LQ1's will pop up on ebay or CL either new or just broke in for around $1,000 but they were'nt anywhere near me, I ended up paying $500 for one with 140k on it. The guy took it out of a 91 Z34, put it in his 95 monte Z34 and the trans was messed up, but I did get to drive it and hear it both cold and warm, and it sounded great. Good luck finding another one, hopefully you can find one nearby.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• Crazy K

• AWeb80

• ManicMechanic

This is going to sound weird, but when I put Rislone in my Chevelle, the slight knock it had on cold starts all of the sudden turned into a nasty knock over 3500 RPMS. I immediately got that stuff back out and put in what I always use (Valvoline Conventional Oil) and I was able to save it. (It's a 305) ... so I will never ever ever use Rislone again. I had a bad experience with it.

Bad news, but swap in another 3.4 and that's the end of the story! Sorry to hear about it.

You could really. Pick up a a steering column (god I hop its not a vats system), and drive... Even after all those parts, it would still be cheap..

hell he might even have the steering column. It might be worth asking a couple questions about it, and see what happens..

How far away from it are you?

Where are you located? I know someone that live in florida that could deliver it to the east coast for a fee...

Or check out Uship.com and see what kinda rates you can get..

Dayton, OH. :( Day and a half drive. If there weren't cars around here (Ken has an LQ1 I'll probably get for $100 and my engine) I'd totally consider that. I could just throw the leather in my CS!

Hmm. I'll have to think about it.

Thanks very much, Brian. I appreciate the thought, I really do! :)

HEY JOHN. WANNA TRADE FOR A SEDAN?

Um, if it's your 3100 black sedan, no. :lol: If it's a comparably optioned, comparable condition (decent paint) I'd consider it. :lol:

Soo... none of Ken's cars then.

HEY JOHN. WANNA TRADE FOR A SEDAN?

Um, if it's your 3100 black sedan, no. :lol: If it's a comparably optioned, comparable condition (decent paint) I'd consider it. :lol:

FINE. I have the white 95. good paint. HUD, LEATHER, LARGE BORE INTAKE.

I shall blow the motor and then offer it to you.

You want a running car? you want one that has run like a clock and up to full par on maintence?One that I offer in trade for a complete break-down that you ruined?

How is that COMPARABLE? I even offer to let you keep your 5 spokes, and if necessary do a minimal $50 tremclad paint before delivery.

YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOU WANT A SEDAN.

YOU HAVE STATED YOU NEED A RUNNING CAR.

YOU HAVE HAVE A BUDGET THAT MEANS YOU'LL HAVE TO SEARCH TO BUY ANOTHER CAR IN POTENTIAL NEED OF MAJOR EVERYTHING.

I OFFER WHAT YOU NEED AND YOU SAY IT IS NOT COMPARABLE?

I wouldn't be PO if he hadn't said it wasn't comparable.

running > ruined

Dude.. seriously. Calm yourself. I have every right to look for another car. I am perfectly able to find a running car on my own. If I can't find one, that's my own problem, not yours. I totally understand that I may not be able to find one in the same shape as mine. And yes, I know I ruined it. My fault. It doesn't mean I'm obligated to trade cars with you.

saying no is fine. saying mine isn't comparable is a GODAMN INSULT.

No, it's not. It's not like I told you it was a piece of shit, not my intent whatsoever. You didn't ask me to quantify the statement, you just got pissed. My intent was not to insult, simply to explain why I don't want the car. Once the Malibu is running, we will have a running vehicle, and I will have more time to decide what I'm going to do with the Cutlass. I don't like the tan interior on your car, I don't like that it's a sedan, (I prefer GP sedans over Cutlass sedans) and I don't like the paint on it. Not saying anything bad ABOUT YOU, just saying I don't like them. NOT an insult.