W bodies with the Wrong stock wheels

ns87

So why do people do this? Do they just find a set with some newer tires going for cheap?

And that picture of the impala when I complained about the cold i was giong to Dairy Queen :lol:

So why do people do this? Do they just find a set with some newer tires going for cheap?

in my case, it was..... the 90GP with its 5 spoke steelies had decent rubber on them when the MC did not, so i swapped at least one axle's worth. i don't remember if i did all 4 at the time, but they eventually ended up mixed and the 90 was sold with 2 of its original wheels and 2 of the MC base steelies....

In the cases ive seen people will have a nice set of wheels and get offered a hell of a price to sell. They then grab a random set of wheels to throw on it. Sometimes not even a set. Had a friend who put four totally dif wheels on his s-10 when he sold his 18s :)

I don't believe these are factory wheels, but I'm kind of diggin the offset on this '96 Regal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15351[/ATTACH]

I wonder what the offset on that is. I'd love to give my vert a muscle car stance, but with a slight change of offset. This may be a bit too much haha.

I don't believe these are factory wheels, but I'm kind of diggin the offset on this '96 Regal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15351[/ATTACH]

4x4 edition

Those just look like your run-of-the-mill Pep Boys steel wheels

• 3 weeks later...