2004 Grand Prix pics

GnatGoSplat

2004 Grand Prix - what do you think?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 2004 Grand Prix - what do you think?

• Love it! Want it badly!
    • It's alright.
    • I couldn't care less.
    • I don't like it.
    • Oh my eyes! I hate it!

Just thought I'd mention there's a bunch of 2004 Grand Prix pics here.

I like the icons on the interior buttons, and I like that they've moved away from the light gray buttons, I've never cared for the light gray. Now it looks much more European or Japanese. I don't like the instrument cluster though, the silver painted bezels around the gauges looks cheap, and the pattern on the gauge faces looks even cheaper, like it's made of paper or something. Overall, the interior looks better than 97-03 IMO, but I really don't care for the exterior. I think the 97-03 looked WAY better, especially in the front. The 04 looks like it's got a friggin' bird beak for a grille. The 97-03 also looked much more bulgy and muscular, the 04 to me, just looks BLAH.

The of the rear end of the car is what makes me not like it all that much.. it's fugly.. but the rest of it is alright. I still like the current design much much more though.

I voted "I could care less" because it's true.

I only like ODBI cars or older.

Nuff Said.

-MaD-

I'm with you on the OBD1 cars, if I wanted a Bonneville I'd buy one.

Paul

Guest TurboSedan

it looks like a big fat version of the Grand Am. that seems to be a big trend nowadays....make all cars look the same with minor syling differences and big size differences. Chrysler is really bad at that....all of thier cars look alike besides the size. anyways, the '97-'03 GTP is much nicer looking than the '04. if i were to buy a new car it would be an Olds Aurora. the new Aurora's are awesome! the Volvo S-80 is really nice looking too. but a used car...hmmm....a loaded black on black '94-ish supercharged Bonneville SSEI would be nice. i dig high performance family sedans.

joshua

Just thought I'd mention there's a bunch of 2004 Grand Prix pics here.

Now it looks much more European or Japanese.

That's all we need, the American GP to look more Japanese. I say scrap the whole damn car, and bring the Commodore up here, with diffenrent sheetmetal, as the new GP. Also, Chevy should take it as the new Chevelle, and use the Ute as the elCamino. Buick GS Stage 1 anyone? Put a twin turbo on the base 3.8 engine.

Holdens are beautiful, I LOVE the Monaro and the HSV Monaro GTO, man, that's such a pretty car.

I know the Pontiac GTO is going to be based on the Monaro, I might actually have to buy one (after they're old & cheap :lol:)... that is, if GM doesn't butcher it up and give it some ugly ass squared edges like they did to Cadillac. The Cadillac CTS is built on a Holden platform, but MAN that thing is FUGLY. :puke: I don't like the latest Pontiacs much either, eeew. Aztek, Vibe, and now the 04 GP, I think it's a downhill trend in styling. Also, WTF is up with the 03 Chevy Silverado? The truck looked fine before, but GM f@#ked it up with the 03 Silverado. The thing is a hideous monstrosity!

Oh, I hope they don't mess up the looks of the Monaro when it becomes a Pontiac!!!

my biggest pet peve of a car right now is the new sunfire and crapalier what the hell happend to those cars i mean they looked sporty before in a college kid kind of way now it looks like a ass raped monkey running for cover

Yeah, w00t!!! I cant WAIT for GM to take a BIG old fashioned motherfucking SALES LOSS from all this ugly half ass restyling! Cavalier, Silverado, GP, Aztek! When will they learn? The only cars that should be built are the ones that have styling that are LIKED by people when they see it the FIRST TIME! Not just "getting used to the looks and eventually live with it" I liked the 00-02 Cavalier a lot, especially fully loaded in black 2 door. Now, eek! RUN!

AND BTW I'll bet the money in my pocket (not much right now, sorry) that those buttons will soften and all the black will rub off like they do on the 95+ w bodies! Then they become fully backlit circles and squares! Way to cut costs! Whats next, thinner leather? Molded plastic dash pad?

You want to see cost cutting, look at the leather seats in any new Ford product. I was predelivery inspecting some 03's, including the new marauder :D (fun to drive for a big car) and the leather surfaces all look and feel like vinyl. It's some textured junk, nothing like my 90 Jeep, the smooth leather always looks way classier. On the GTO note, there are renderings from Pontiac of the new GTO, and it does look pretty mean, although I would have liked a freshened 69 Judge front end instead of a newer GP front end. I'd give anything for a new GTO, man.

GTO.jpg

(this is only an artist's rendering, not the real deal)

You want to see cost cutting, look at the leather seats in any new Ford product. I was predelivery inspecting some 03's, including the new marauder :D (fun to drive for a big car) and the leather surfaces all look and feel like vinyl. It's some textured junk, nothing like my 90 Jeep, the smooth leather always looks way classier. On the GTO note, there are renderings from Pontiac of the new GTO, and it does look pretty mean, although I would have liked a freshened 69 Judge front end instead of a newer GP front end. I'd give anything for a new GTO, man.

GTO.jpg

(this is only an artist's rendering, not the real deal)

I think a lot more companies are using "plasticized leather" it's basically a thin vinyl layer over the leather, which makes no friggin sense. It's like having vinyl seats with the leather smell...