Alternator just went... What now!

grandprixnyc

Well... if the charcoal AQ9's are a complete set (F and R), and are in good shape, I'd buy them.

Its a full set, consoles and all. I'll let you know what I end up doing with this thing.

Ok, just lemme know. Those seats look like they are in spectacular condition, so I would definately take them along with the controls, etc...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grandprixnyc

• slick

• oldscsc

• Brian P

The driver's seat is a little cracked, but honestly, they really don't look bad at all. I've been rubbing them down with that leather care stuff for years.

Yeah, 10x better than mine. My rears are perfect, but both front's need work, especially the drivers seat.

Sad to see this car getting torn apart just because of the bad alternator :sad:

I wish I was closer, I'd trade you my 92 3.1 GP/SE for it!

And it runs great, too!

x2.

No, I'm one of those "I don't change oil, that's what shops are for" kind of guys. Don't hate me!

I can't garner up the support from anyone I know right now, so the future is looking grim. I think Brian P is out in Suffolk and I wouldn't even ask him to schlep all the way out here for something like that.

Truthfully I'd be up for it if I had the extra time in the near future. If I lost my job it would be a guarantee that I'd have time and offer to help with the alternator.

Right now the latest thing is my girlfriend's Elantra calling my name to work on it again. I need to readjust the tension on the timing belt and accessory belts this week.

I've never changed an LQ1 alt myself but I've been around enough of these cars that it wouldn't be a prob.

Well, depending on the price of the car, I would buy it outright as well.

Well, let the games begin!!!!

LOL, if you buy it, can you part it out? I want the interior, like yesterday lol.

LOL, if you buy it, can you part it out? I want the interior, like yesterday lol.

I wouldn't if I do, so you're better off getting the car yourself!

I wouldn't if I do, so you're better off getting the car yourself!

Damnit, thats the answer I was expecting haha.