Alternator just went... What now!

grandprixnyc

is there a college out by you that would do it for parts? I'm goin to school for autobody and we fix cars for just the price of the parts and chemicals and the autos class is the same way so i would check that out if you can.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grandprixnyc

• slick

• oldscsc

• Brian P

I am also going to school for auto tech and we legally cant charge labor... Its a good idea when your on a budget

And it give the soon-to-be mechanics some good LQ1 experience. :cool:

Great, just what the world needs, more techs turning into alcoholics :lol:

Great, just what the world needs, more techs turning into alcoholics :lol:

:lol:

Have you done anything under the hood aside from changing oil? I don't know if I would even consider doing it unless I had the whole weekend to myself and all the parts and tools ready to go.

maybe you'd like to trade if for a reliable beater of an oldsmobile?

I'd drive in, change the alt, and drive your GP home. You can keep the cutty. :lol:

I'd do the same, but substitute my Olds for his. :lol:

maybe you'd like to trade if for a reliable beater of an oldsmobile?

I'd drive in, change the alt, and drive your GP home. You can keep the cutty. :lol:

I'd do the same, but substitute my Olds for his. :lol:

You have a deal!

I might do a part-out next weekend. The option is on the table.

I was talking to my dad and he is trying to convince me to fix the alternator and keep driving it. I know I can't afford a new car now but I have no desire to do anything with this thing anymore. I'm back in the city for a while, so i don't need it right now. It's dead in my parent's driveway and will probably be like that until after the holidays. I've tried to get some help replacing it myself, but as soon as I mention subframe and tie-rod, everyone goes running.

To answer questions, though, this car does not have louvres even though its a stock 3.4, the air pump in the seats went out about 2 years ago, and the charcoal leather AQ9's are in pretty good shape for being almost 17 years old.

Nope, just red, white and blue...And one (that I know of) in dark green.

No green, just R/W/B.

When they were new, I was 15 or 16 and just started driving. Going through town I got behind a DARK GREEN GP with the RPE stripes, the RPE stickers and GREEN wheels.

Well... if the charcoal AQ9's are a complete set (F and R), and are in good shape, I'd buy them.

Its a full set, consoles and all. I'll let you know what I end up doing with this thing.

regarding the green, I (sadly) have the sales brochure for this thing and it was available on Red, White, and Blue metallic only with either light gray or charcoal interiors. Thats what the paperwork says, anyway.

regarding the green, I (sadly) have the sales brochure for this thing and it was available on Red, White, and Blue metallic only with either light gray or charcoal interiors. Thats what the paperwork says, anyway.

However, I have seen a LOT of Ws the factory says weren't available... ;)