OEM- Front Strut Tower bar

dohc v6

shipping = $$$

With the bar that uses the GMPP center section, you could pick one of those up anywhere.

Thats if Mark decides to sell the brackets seperately.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• CSI_MuNkY

• GOT2B GM

• Euro

Will it clear the digital egr just fine? Back when I had my Z, I had the GMPP bar and ZZP brackets and it slightly rubbed one of the EGR solenoids.

It allows it to rotate. When the bar can move up and down it allows flex in the system.

When does that bar move up and down?

The whole point behind that style is the adjustability and the ability to preload the strut towers, which in our cars is a redundant concept. There are so many other things to overcome with our cars before you worry about preloading your strut towers. Even the idea of preloading the towers is debatable.

Not to mention the heim joints will have more play in them than a solid bolt together connection.

I guess the spherical bearing will have more play than the shear mounting of the GMPP bar. I'm just worried that whatever you pick up in compliance of the mounting system (~0.0001" at most) will be lost with that goofy ending of the GMPP bar. A shear mounting is cheaper, but I would put the comments of performance aside if you are going to use that same GMPP bar. I'd say from a performance perspective they are equal and if you can do it cheaper, then more power to you!

As for preloading, I dont think it would make as much a difference as the mounting system would.

And you can preload with that bar too if you want, you just have to jack the car up from the subframe so the front wheels are off the ground before you tighten everything down.

like my buddy did for his probe gt

untitled2.jpg

Oh....My.....God.........HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA *breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

oh yeah....RICE :rice:

Ew. Anyway...

Are there any photos of the underside of these plates? It's too bad I ended up finding a vert bar otherwise I'd have kept my GMPP bar and bought these plates. I never liked how the GMPP supplied mounting bracket would lift the plates up. The hood would just barely touch the bar.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

that car looks like.....well........shit.

Looks aren't everything ya know....Shooot I'd rather have a car look like shit and run like brand new, than have a car that looks brand new and run like shit. And of course everyone wants to have a car that looks and runs good, but as long as that probe runs like it's supposed to then I don't see nothing wrong with it....paint could use a little more gloss and shine to it though.