• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• CSI_MuNkY

• GOT2B GM

• dirt_igirt

I think so. Its a night and day difference. We use the GMPP bar, just make it so that its a bolt on kit for you guys and that when you close the hood, it does not push it up. We use grade 12.9 studs and then they are welded in.

Nope, that does nothing. It uses heim joints, which in turn do nothing. HELD is not an engineer, so all of his designs are not really functional. I don't want this to get into an argument, please just comment on the design of my bar.

Yeah, not a fan of the held bar myself either...

Do you sell just the plates? I already have the bar...

Are you going to be combining these plates with the new adjustable camber ones your developing? that would be awesome!

Jamie

Ummm.....not to rain on your parade, but there are already Don Rome brackets you can buy to allow the F-bar to fit on the Gen I w-bodies.

The problem with using brackets is the height... mine is bolted to the strut plates and still hits the hood... if I were to jack it up half an inch on a set of brackets the hood would never close.

CIMG5335.jpg

CIMG5336.jpg

Marks plates would move it back from where I have mine and move it down away from the hood about 1/8" (which is all I need to clear the hood completely) because I have the heads of 2 bolts under the plates, they are very thin heads, but still move the whole assembly up about 1/8".

Jamie

Yeah, it does we had the bar on the car with thebolts underneath and it was hitting. So we had them welded and its clears really nice now.. Alos the DR brakcets are for second gen, dont think that will work on the 1st gen.

Also the bars that DR makes do absolutly nothing. Not to bash on the guys products but that bar that he makes is probably worse then the factory. It can actually flex (the diagonal ones). Also he is charging way to much for the other brackets. I can make those and sell them fro about $15 each.

Back on topic....

Also the bars that DR makes do absolutly nothing. Not to bash on the guys products but that bar that he makes is probably worse then the factory. It can actually flex (the diagonal ones). Also he is charging way to much for the other brackets. I can make those and sell them fro about $15 each.

Back on topic....

Don Rome doesn't make a bar........just the brackets. The bar is the GMPP bar.....

It uses heim joints, which in turn do nothing.

Can you explain why its not functional due to using spherical bearings?

For reference, here is a picture:

strut-brace-front.jpg

HELD is not an engineer, so all of his designs are not really functional.

:frogsiren:

The whole point behind that style is the adjustability and the ability to preload the strut towers, which in our cars is a redundant concept. There are so many other things to overcome with our cars before you worry about preloading your strut towers. Even the idea of preloading the towers is debatable.

Not to mention the heim joints will have more play in them than a solid bolt together connection.

Jamie

Just weld a piece of 1 x1 x 1/8 HSS between the strut towers. NO FLEX.

:lol:

Seriously though Mark, you should consider selling just the plates at whatever cost it takes to make a bit of profit. Would save on shipping for those who already have the bar.