fender removal - 96 cutlass supreme

daswulfkralle

So, I removed the hood, easy enough, and just about every nut and bolt holding the fender on. unfortunately, there is one bracket that has rusted itself(?) to a part of the fender, and won't come off, so my fender is still stuck on my car. I'll post pics a little later, but, it's basically, right in front of the wheelwell, underneath some uh, wiring or tubing? pics will probably help more, but anywho - any tips and tricks to getting it unstuck, or is it supposed to be stuck on and theres a bolt i missed somewhere?

thanks

Bob

I know exactly what part you are talking about. There are two bolts that thread up through the plate that attach the fender to the car. Mine were rusted on my car when I did the fender replacement so what I did was just intentionally break the bolts off a just use a nut/bolt combo when I put the new fender back on the car. You might have to drill out the rusted/broken bolt so you can thread a replacement combo through.

I know exactly what part you are talking about. There are two bolts that thread up through the plate that attach the fender to the car. Mine were rusted on my car when I did the fender replacement so what I did was just intentionally break the bolts off a just use a nut/bolt combo when I put the new fender back on the car. You might have to drill out the rusted/broken bolt so you can thread a replacement combo through.

Same issue with my TGP.. I tried to get them off the other day. Woulda prolly worked had I not only had my little 1/4" drive ratchet with me...

Damn, I gotta start remembering to bring some of my tools home so I can get something accomplished on it :willynilly: