Article on TGP

bhanson

Greetings: A while ago someone mentioned an article about the collectable status of TGP's and their value. Does that ring any bells? I think it was mentioned that the TGP was on the front cover of the issue.

I'm trying to get additional insurance on my TGP and the underwriter was hoping to get some documentation to support my insurance coverage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Hanson

90 TGP

The SEARCH function actually works :shock: .... http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3575&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tgp+article eh, if you see something or think you've seen something here, just use relevant terms in the search function seperated by "AND" and you should be able to find it, found that on the first try :wink: Not trying to be an asshole by any means, just saying that if everyone is too lazy to use the search function or isn't aware of its existence, people get pissed about answering repetitive questions(not really relevant to your question, but you get the idea) and eventually skip over posts and just don't reply which can be aggrivating/irritating to the original poster who needs/wants to know something. Anyway, good luck w/ the insurance coverage! I've got an article or two that state limited numbers of TGP's produced and whatnot if that would help your cause(mentions something about Pontiac only ordering 2,000 TGP's for 1989), I can take a photo of it(digi cam) and make it very large if need be and you could re-size it and print it or just email it to your insurance agent. :D

Would you do it for me??? I'd like to have have it for turbograndprix.com and I'll include a thank you on the thumbnail page!!! :read: :cheers: :cheers: :mrgreen:

Sure Jim, fixing to take the pics at this very second :wink: , let me know what email addy you want me to send them to, I also have the original window sticker if you want a pic of it(slightly pieced back together, the TGP my father bought cost $26,665 new 8) )

Ok, an update of sorts, I tried to take pictures of the articles(they're laminated and causing glare on all of the photos making them useless and I don't have good enough lighting in my house due to the TALL ceilings and crappy lighting at the same time. Tomorrow when it's light out, I'll try opening the windows and whatnot to get some better pics, if that doesn't work I'll have to find someone w/ a scanner I can borrow for a few :wink:

so where would one get an article on the STE turbo? 8)

ebay :wink: , I don't have any "articles" on the TSTE's, but I did acquire a TSTE brochure w/ a decent amount of info in it off ebay a while back.

Thanks for the help...I was able to order a back copy of Pontiac Enthusiast with the relevant articles.

I'm insuring through a specialty car insurance company--they wanted pictures and some corresponding data. Luckily they went for it and are giving me a guaranteed valuation payout of $14,000. Plus the coverage is great 1/2 mil per incident etc. And they quoted me $394/year for the complete coverage!!!

thanks again