FINALLY the TGP is fixed!

Addicted2bass

Well after months of waiting and alot of money spent i finally have a working master cylinder in the TGP! Prior couldnt rebuild my unit because the pressure switch was bad and they told me that part was no longer available...anywhere. Well i figured i could find one....i was wrong. After about a month of searching i gave up and ordered a whole new unit through NAPA where i used to work. That was $1380, and they sold it to me for THEIR COST :willynilly: Well the first one they sent (out of only four left) was defective. The reservoir was cracked and the pump wouldnt shut off. So i had to wait for another one to come in, that one was good and now the brakes are better then ever!! Now i get to drive the car for about 2 months before itll get put away for the winter lol.

I have been through pmIII hell and back as well. even worse than that if you can believe it. in and out 4 times, but got off a lot cheaper with a good used one.

did richard pryor ever send back the defective one? or did they forget about ya like they did with me?

Did they not send you yours back? I got mine back, but i was also on the phone with them so much over the course of trying to find a pressure switch that the guy down there knew me by name lol. I have your pressure switch here to, i can send that back to you.

yea, I shouldn't trash them too much. Its not wise considering they are the only ones who rebuild them for our cars. Last thing I want is to be the reason they stopped offering to fix them and ruin it for everyone else.

I would go through them again if I had to. they just don't communicate all that well through e-mail. I should have called them up when I was having my problems, but the funny sounds went away. mine made a loud queafing sound like a balloon deflating with the ends stretched out, for the first few hundred miles. that, and the accumulator was never replaced or the one they put on it sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw your car in you parking lot Saturday. I'm happy to see it fixed! $1300... I would have called it a season and after the 08-09 winter the car would emerge with vacuum brakes. Plenty of time to figure it out.

Saw your car in you parking lot Saturday. I'm happy to see it fixed! $1300... I would have called it a season and after the 08-09 winter the car would emerge with vacuum brakes. Plenty of time to figure it out.

Stop by sometime when you see my car in the lot! If im not real busy ill give ya a closer look at the car. I thought about vacuum brakes, but after i saw what was involved....i decided against that route! Its beyond what i could do myself, not to mention i have no garage. Im going to be lucky if i can find somewhere to store it this winter. And finding someone to do it, would be difficult and im sure pretty expensive considering the massive amount of work involved.