tgp upgrades

dirt_igirt

ok after some thinking i am going to a tgp engine swap this winter i was wondering what all upgrades there are for the engine chips, bigger turbos, etc and even including internals.... anything to add hp name it off

Contact Kenny at KAZ Motorsports, he makes excellent chips.

You can put a bigger turbo in, but you MIGHT have to do a bit of fabbing to make it fit. After you put in a bigger turbo, you will also need to have it tuned.

You will likely need to run different injectors if you upgrade the turbo. Along with bigger injectors, you may upgrade to a Walbro 255 fuel pump.

I am running a fairly stock TGP with the stock T25, Ford C302 Yellowtop Injectors (approx. 22# with our fuel pressure), 94-95 3100 1.6 rocker arms, KAZ Motorsports chip and a K&N X-Stream airfilter directly on the turbo. With my setup, I have a decently quick TGP.

Just putting some options out there for ya, hope that helps!

Hi,

Would Kenny have a chip to fix that abrupt stop/kill problem? That the Jeff M. top gun chip fixed? I can't find a tg chip without canabalizing another car. How do you contact KAZ Motorsports? Please when you guys reference a good source leave a method on how to contact them also.

:high5:

Tim

In his chips, he raises the idle, making it less prone to stall. Fuel tables are corrected also, so it doesn't run so rich all the time.

kazmotorsports.com Call him.

X2 Kenny chips are better, plus he is actually still out there unlike Jeff.

Oh and K&N X-stream filter on the turbo FTW

The biggest bolt-on turbo is the GT2871R, but with stock manifolds I wouldn't bother. The best top end setup is a 00+ 3100, or a 3400. There is a lot of info to be found on the top end swap both on the TGPForums under Jud's 3400 top end swap (RIP Jud) or 60degreev6.

also consult Gutless Supremes (I think) TGP Rebuild Thread on this forum, he did a nice job.

are you guys running a160* thermostat ? i am not comfortable running an engine that cool. i thought that there was a 180* chip that somebody made. i think i will try and get a chip soon, this is my daily driver so i am not after ultimate power. my car doesn't stall, i would like to have the torque converter lock up at 44 mph instead of 47 mph that it does now. i have new injectors, 1.6 rockers, new cross over, no cat and son a k&n on the turbo. i rebuilt the engine last march after a valve seat dropped. would like a little more boost. most of the sensors are new when i rebuilt the motor. any other ideas are welcome.

Kenny's chips are designed to use the stock 195* thermostat. I am still running the stock 195 t-stat in my TGP. Right now if I drive around with a scangauge plugged in, it seems to run right around 204*F while cruising, and in stop and go driving in town it runs 215-219*.

This is a bit hot for my liking, so I may be dropping to a 180 in the near future.

Kenny's chips are designed to use the stock 195* thermostat. I am still running the stock 195 t-stat in my TGP. Right now if I drive around with a scangauge plugged in, it seems to run right around 204*F while cruising, and in stop and go driving in town it runs 215-219*.

This is a bit hot for my liking, so I may be dropping to a 180 in the near future.

Mine runs very similar to that. Especially if im sitting in traffic the gauge will get up to 220.

Not disagreeing with anyone on this thread but IMHO learning to tune your own car is the best way to go. Kenny will get it close based on your mods but everything needs fine tuning.....

Ken

yea, I agree.

best to find someone knowledgeable willing to read your datalog and tune to suit your car.

then you can get a set of ls1 injectors and upgrade the turbo to make it worth while.