04SuperchargedSS Monte mods thread... (new stuff page 3)

Cam'ron

Orr....... Debadge it!!!

:lol: we went over this once already, dont make me do it again :lol:

engine wise i was already contemplating 1.9 rockers over the winter. But im looking for something other than performance i can do and take my time with while shes parked for the winter.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cam'ron

• slick

• Brian P

• Addicted to eaton

engine wise i was already contemplating 1.9 rockers over the winter. But im looking for something other than performance i can do and take my time with while shes parked for the winter.

Upgrade suspension? That'll kill time real damn quick.

would you be interested in shifter boots with red stitching?

yeah and a leather cobrahead *cough* TONY *cough* :lol:

just throwing this out here, but what if you used that red black and grey fabric from cavaliers and wrapped it around the door handle trim piece and the piece next to it?

im not sure if i wanna add fabric or not, change vinyl, paint plastic w/e but adding fabric to those parts im not too sure about

would you be interested in shifter boots with red stitching?

yeah and a leather cobrahead *cough* TONY *cough* :lol:

just throwing this out here, but what if you used that red black and grey fabric from cavaliers and wrapped it around the door handle trim piece and the piece next to it?

im not sure if i wanna add fabric or not, change vinyl, paint plastic w/e but adding fabric to those parts im not too sure about

Tony did that lols???

I bought those leather boots for the Camaro and I think they have stuff for the Monte Carlo too. I gotta find the site but you could even get a 2-tone boot made with a red stripe down the middle.

I think it was redlinegoods.com but let me verify.

Nah its all good with tony, i was buggin him to dig out a leather cobrahead before i installed the plastic one in my 04, wasnt sure the color was gonna match but it did. it looked really grey outside of the car but somehow it looks right at home in the 04

honestly... just tape the places you dont want painted and just spray paint it... here what i did to add some color to the 93

DSC04884.jpg

i used dupi-color car touch up paint and its held really well... two coats everywhere except the doors... i only did one coat on them

Im not too sure if im gonna go for much more performance mods, i am honestly very happy with what i have now. Like i said before i still need to get onto a dyno, but a firends HPtuners scan shows 297 crank HP. (how accurate are those type scans? ) i would assume they are somewhat close but probably not bang on.

Another thing im thinking of doing is popping the wheels off and putting my 1/4" spacers on this car. I'm cool with where the front tires sit but the backs could definitely come out a tad, and if need be putting longer studs in over the winter if they are short like on the 03.

And i wanna track down a front STB and probably a rear as well provided it fits in under the mammoth speakers back there :lol:

Also, if the money is coming the way of ME I plan on getting the front bumper cover replaced over the winter as well, but that will cost a good chunk of change, especially if the HSAP lip gets damaged while trying to remove it from this bumper, it already has a small crack in it from that pothole incident a few months back.

If i were to remove my leather seat skins, how much would i be looking ballpark to get the center parts redone in a red leather?

anyone ever had this done? i would guess not cheap but i havent looked around anywhere yet, just another idea i had after seeing the red/black interior on the 2000 pace car

any ideas?

im thinking of getting them to look like this...

313a_1.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Dogbones r in!

Picked up a set of ZZP bones on another forum.  They were painted black, but i media blasted them at work today.  I might pull them and repaint at some time they get wicked dirty right now unpainted and rough.

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

now i have to decide if i want to do anything with the brackets :lol:

oh how it never ends hahaha

not sure, they seem to fit really snug and dont have nearly any play once the front side is tightened versus the stockers. Prolly helps put a bit more to the ground, keeps the engine from moving... am i on the right track? :lol:

they look better than stock, and even if they dont do anything "performance" wise they add to the look under the hood, now i just have to decide if im gonna paint em or not, and if so what color. but that could be dangerous... i was looking at the brackets and the diagonal braces as well, might make a color swap on everything at the same time lol

im not sure if the bushings are poly or not, they are kinda rough around the edges. they have a kind of "stock~ish" look.

i got rid of the black cause they were kinda dinged up and the paint was scratching off the ZZP bones when i got them, i might go back to the black or i might go chrome on it all i havent decided yet :lol:

im not sure if the bushings are poly or not, they are kinda rough around the edges.  they have a kind of "stock~ish" look.

i got rid of the black cause they were kinda dinged up and the paint was scratching off the ZZP bones when i got them, i might go back to the black or i might go chrome on it all i havent decided yet :lol:

i say paint them red...i think it'd look pretty cool...similar to what i did...

Picture012.jpg

my problem is i think if i change the color to anything other than black on these 'bones im gonna have to do the diagonal braces, the mounts, and the eventual STB. thats where im lost at right now, i dont know if i "should" start adding color or not, kind of a slippery slope :lol: