peeling clearcoat

99monte

hi there, the clearcoat on my 99 monte front bumper cover is peeling,looks like a bad sunburn when it starts to flake off.The paint underneath looks good still.I spayed a small bit of aerosol clear coat on a test spot and it looked great.My question is,is there any way of removing the old clear and re doing the clear coat(without too much labor involved)The flaking isn't all over,just in spots,if I scratch it with my fingernail I can get the loose stuff off,but thats a lot of scratching,just wondering if theres an easier way that wont damage the paint underneath.

sounds to me that the bumper has been repainted before and basicly it was bad preping before painting , hence the clear coming off, the whole bumper needs to be sanded down, and re painted, or make things easier send the bumper out to be stripped down, and it comes back to you in primer

here at the shop we use keystone and a smaller company i forgot the name now but thats the problem and the solution