Impulsive Interior

Timm

So about a week ago, I got a crazy impulse to tear apart my interior (I guess I was bored?)  I took off most plastic pannels, all seats (and most seat belts), EVERYTHING from trunk, and the rear shelf. I ended up just taking all of the floors carpeting out too. Then I put my drivers seat and seat belt back in (so i could drive).

PICT2761.jpg

PICT2762.jpg

PICT2764.jpg

I was looking around the forum looking at ways other people have cleaned their carpets and the three basic ways were

1)Carpet/Steam Cleaner

2)Pressure washer

3)Buy new carpet :eek:

I asked around to see if anyone had a pressure washer or carpet cleaner i could use, but to no avail... :frown:

But I was told that the local self car wash had a $1.00 for 4 minutes deal on Tuesdays (usualy $1.00 per minute) So I bunched up my carpet (after weighing it -:38lbs :Yikes_anim:- ) and drove down to the self car wash.  I hung it from 3 floor matt clamps, started washing, then of corse it fell (I'm guessing 65 to 80 pounds when soaked). So I lofted it on top of my car and finished washing it.  I sat around for about 10 minutes waiting for the dripping to slow down then shoved it in my trunk and took off.  I got home and eventualy got it hung over the garage door rail to dry.

PICT2772.jpg

And now I play the waiting game (hardest game I've ever played)

UPGRADE!!!

Moved the carpet blob outside on a swing! :smile:

(But the forcast calls for SEVERE T-STORMS...) :sad:

But I'm going back to the self-car-wash to degrease my engine! :smile: :smile:

=================================================================

Genius Idea! :idea:

A map with all of the members locations pinned on it!

But until someone makes one of those, tell me of more members near me! (Davison, MI)

UPGRADE!!!

But until someone makes one of those, tell me of more members near me! (Davison, MI)

There already is a map with all the members locations pinned on it. It just seemed like everyone lost interest in it.

On top of the car???

LOL

I simply remove the carpet and hang it on a chain link fence, and attack it with a hose, a brush and dish detergent. rinse it several times and allow it to dry for at least 2 or 3 sunny days before reinstalling.

On top of the car???

LOL

I simply remove the carpet and hang it on a chain link fence, and attack it with a hose, a brush and dish detergent. rinse it several times and allow it to dry for at least 2 or 3 sunny days before reinstalling.

Thats the way to do it! :high5:

Isn't it like fquick or something? IDK i just woke up, but we do have one of those pinpoint locators. Just not sure the addy, but I know I'm on there.

UPGRADE!!!

There already is a map with all the members locations pinned on it. It just seemed like everyone lost interest in it.

Sweet! Anyone have a link?

lol, doesn't look like that many members have seen it!

(Or put themselves on it!)

In more on-topic news :lol:

I'm done with everything in my interior until I can come up with some money.

(I'm saving for leather seats -front and back- and the center shift conversion. Or maybe just buy a parts car from the j/y.)

interior is done! It looks great! I feel bad for touching my shoes to my carpet :frown: and I often drive barefoot just to feel the soft clean carpet! (I know, I'ma freak! :lol:)

interior is done! It looks great! I feel bad for touching my shoes to my carpet :frown: and I often drive barefoot just to feel the soft clean carpet! (I know, I'ma freak! :lol:)

:lol:

Am I missing something? You never really put that interior in did you? And this barefoot thing... :showpics:

lol, i got really lazy once i finished getting everything together.

PICS!

Oh and sry for big size, i noticed the "reduce image size to" drop down box after I uploaded everything.

PICT2794.jpg

PICT2792.jpg

I never planned on cleaning the trunk too, but I did anyway. (the cutout carpet on the far right was for my (now dead) amp)

PICT2785.jpg

You can see where I reloacated my trunk release switch to from out of the glove box.

PICT2846.jpg

Power inverter and stuff was for my laptop. my OBDII to USB came today.

(Cool 0-60mph feature, I was 8.039seconds, not bad for almost 200,000miles.)

PICT2845.jpg

EDIT------------------------------------------

lol, and yeah, I know I need a new steering wheel, and yes, thats a vicious cock in my center vents. :lol:

Untitled.jpg

Love that bench seat. Great for the drive-in, eh, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, eh?

BTW, carpet looks great. Can't imagine I'd have the same results. My carpet looks pretty beat. Kinda like I do right now. :lol: Anyway, how long did it take to strip out that interior?

I know how you feel after a project, but ya gotta follow thru, you gotta show your love to the forum! :high5:

Love that bench seat. Great for the drive-in, eh, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, eh?

BTW, carpet looks great. Can't imagine I'd have the same results. My carpet looks pretty beat. Kinda like I do right now. :lol: Anyway, how long did it take to strip out that interior?

I know how you feel after a project, but ya gotta follow thru, you gotta show your love to the forum! :high5:

Just to strip OUT the interior, about 3 hours.

Washing the carpet, about 1 hour.

Carpet drying about 2.5 days.

Instaling everything back in took about 4 hours.

It wasn't actualy that bad! It went smooth with very few problems! :biggrin:

I was about to upload everything and update the fourm, but I got distracted, :redface:

But it does look really good in those pictures!

Kinda makes me wanna roll around in my car! (I would have If that AirBag sensor thing was down there. :lol:)

Thats a lot of switches there! what do they all do?

uh lol,

top left was for power inverter, but I took that out, so top left is nothing.

bottom left is the trunk release switch.

middle top is neon license plate frame. (Begin ricer flame war)

middle bottom is underbody neons. (Continue ricer flame war)

top right is my $1 glow dice

bottom right was for my remote turn on of my amp. (it died... :sad:)

and last AND least, the one in my headlamp control module is for my custom DRL's. (actualy, it just turns the headlamps and parking lamps on when the key is in run position.) The switch is just in case my battery is low, so i can turn them off to try to get some extra power to start my engine.