Random brake light limited stopping

shadow

Sometimes when I start my TGP and step in the brakes the brake light stays on and the car does not stop well. After some presses and a few drives it will go away. The brakes all around the car is new. what should I check? The brakes on the car are pretty new.

If your PMIII unit is leaking join the club!! I just sent mine to get rebuilt, to the tune of $843 PLUS shipping. Fun fun. :cussing:

No leaks it still has the same fluid level that I put in 2 weeks ago.

Usually when the brake light comes on there are only two possibilities one would be a leak, that you said there isn't. The other is brake pads getting low.

TGPs have a sensor for low brake pads???

Usually when the brake light comes on there are only two possibilities one would be a leak, that you said there isn't. The other is brake pads getting low.

No. When the brake pads are worn out, the pistons need to be pushed out farther, in turn taking up more fluid, dropping the level in the reservoir.

No. When the brake pads are worn out, the pistons need to be pushed out farther, in turn taking up more fluid, dropping the level in the reservoir.

Ah that makes sense. Ive seen Cadillacs that have an actual warning light that will come on the dash saying Change Brake Pads.

I have plenty of fluid and its been about a month since I filled it and none is leaking. The brake light coming on is like a random this lately. I can deal with no ABS but even weaker than new brakes is a problem.