• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• BXX

• MonteCarloDude

• 19Cutlass94

Mine looks better!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

DSC00906.jpg

So I take it your happy with the way it came out? You feel much a difference at all with it? i know I did over ther RPM range.

i just welded up my own exhaust too, and like you discovered that i suck more than i originally thought at welding. you could have grinded those down though and passed it as mediocre.....haha

no.

too many logistics....

only 1" on either side of the DP and the firewall.....a few degrees' off and it won't fit....I'm not gonna go through that work and have you pay the money and have a chance at it not fitting....

besides, too much welding.....my arms are still fried.

no.

too many logistics....

only 1" on either side of the DP and the firewall.....a few degrees' off and it won't fit....I'm not gonna go through that work and have you pay the money and have a chance at it not fitting....

besides, too much welding.....my arms are still fried.

There is a lot more room with the firewalls on gen 1.5's!! :razz: Im just messing with you. I had to take a shot and ask you first before buying one off teh w-body store. :lol: Awsome job on that DP BTW. :high5:

I just placed my order with the same place. I'm not touching the DP, just the rest of the exhaust...

Its been a long time since I did any welding, so my welds will probably suck... but I'll grind them smooth, lol

Jamie

Soo.... did you open up the flange to a full 2.5" opening, or did you leave that stock opening on the flange?

Also, on one of the pictures before you painted it, why did it go down to like 1.75" in a horrible compression? Hopefully you didn't use this.

mini-IMG_2379.jpg

Chris, even if you did open the flange to 2.5" that would do absolutly nothing cause the rear manifold is 2" I.D. And my stock DP was ~1.375" I.D.

Chris, even if you did open the flange to 2.5" that would do absolutly nothing cause the rear manifold is 2" I.D. And my stock DP was ~1.375" I.D.

Ahh... good info to know.

Downpipes are where the 3100 Beretta's have the largest restriction too.

Dual walled for quicker catalyst light off on a cold start, but 1 5/8th inches inside.

I also note that AWeb's car seems to shift a touch higher off 1-2 than most W-Cars. Seems like the one 1st gear pull it didn't shift until 5850-5900rpm, and about 5750-5800rpm for the other one.

Most cars seem to shift at, or just past 5500. That alone will help..........

Either way, a 2.25-2.50inch MANDREL bent exhaust from the manifold BACK is the way to go for 3X00 cars.............I bet nearly 10hp can be added from exhaust work alone.

Canada dynoed his Beretta a few years back when it was still a 3100.

Stock, an L82 Burrito will make 118-120whp in good shape (less than a W-Car due to more intake/exhaust restriction).

With an FFP UDP and a 2.25in manfold back mandrel bent exhaust with an Extremeflow OBDII cat and a Dynomax Ultraflow muffler but a stock airbox with a paper filter it made 133.XX whp.

With a K&N drop in, this jumped like 1.25 whp.

Swapped to his RSM WAI, it jumped another 3ish whp (to 138whp).

Anyway, with a stock airbox (but the UDP and exhaust), it was making 133..........*maybe* 15whp over stock.........and since we KNOW that FFP UDP's make 6-7whp at 5000rpm (his power peak), that means HIS exhaust (which was pretty well designed) was good for 8-9whp (or so).

So yeah..........I stick to my 10hp estimate :mrgreen:

I found his dyno comparo:

StockvsKNvsRSM.jpg

I was close on my numbers............

Edit:

Same runs, different (NO) SAE correction factor (and plotted vs mph...not rpm.....all 2nd gear to the 6K rev limit):

Stock%20vs%20KN%20vs%20RSM.JPG

You can really see that K&N drop-ins aren't worth shit........... :wink:

K&Ns are nice on a stock car that you have the time to clean and will own in the long run... But a good intake is better.. I know my 3" FWI pwns any K&N

K&Ns are nice on a stock car that you have the time to clean and will own in the long run... But a good intake is better.. I know my 3" FWI pwns any K&N

x2

....and ~8 whp is my guess that the DP gave me....maybe I'll dyno again after full exhaust....

I think a good exhaust can add more than 10hp IMHO...

not on a 3.1/3x00

fixed

fixed again

actually its a hell of a difference. When I had the 3100 in my car it was like a different motor with the bigger exhaust and DP. Although it was still a 3100 :lol: