MY 1990 TGP has no power

EMNCFI

No updates for now, threw the last $ at it now it has to get professional help, and after this I probably will have to also. New fuel pressure regulator, and yes I meant PROM chip, willl know more in about two weeks, as the rain begins to fall, the car lives in the garage under its cover next to my other toy car

• 7 months later...

Ok, finally an update, between the other three cars getting their "toys" the TGP fell to the back of the shop for a while. Anyhow, the problem turned out to be an issue with two of the front injectors, now... I am going to buy some yellow tops I think, and only have one quick question. On the yellow tops they have an EV1 connection which is the same as the stock injectors. I do see that the o-ring outer diameter is slightly different. When people have installed these, have they had to change out the supplied o-rings with a set of OEM rings so they seal correct? or are they simply a drop in, reconnect, and reassemble type thing. and yes I know "drop in" is not the right term, I have pulled my OEM injectors and reassembled now four times, but just want that quick question answered before I drop the $ to order them.

Ok, finally an update, between the other three cars getting their "toys" the TGP fell to the back of the shop for a while. Anyhow, the problem turned out to be an issue with two of the front injectors, now... I am going to buy some yellow tops I think, and only have one quick question. On the yellow tops they have an EV1 connection which is the same as the stock injectors. I do see that the o-ring outer diameter is slightly different. When people have installed these, have they had to change out the supplied o-rings with a set of OEM rings so they seal correct? or are they simply a drop in, reconnect, and reassemble type thing. and yes I know "drop in" is not the right term, I have pulled my OEM injectors and reassembled now four times, but just want that quick question answered before I drop the $ to order them.

I need to know this as well.

Yes, the Yellow Tops will pop right in with the supplied o-rings. No changes are needed to make them work.

Yes, the Yellow Tops will pop right in with the supplied o-rings. No changes are needed to make them work.

x2. The only thing different about the yellow tops is that they have two slots to slide the injector holding clips onto. Use the top slot on the injector body for the clips.

Have you checked the fuses under the hood fuse. On my TGP, One went bad, and it was doing the same thing you described. New fuse, and a cleaning of the tabs, fixed the problem.

Funny you should mention that, I looked into that about 6 months ago, the front bank of injectors had a blown fuse, so I have I guess about a 3 cyl engine, which explained the gas usage and lack of power, the rear bank ohms at 12 ish, with the front at 4 ish, but I may as well do all 6 injectors, since I am about sick of pulling the injectors out. Should order the yellow tops tonight, found 8 for $218, leaves me with 2 extra for backup! Along with the backup GM accumulator I bought, I hope this car is soon ready to drive after its now 2.5 year "rest"

Funny you should mention that, I looked into that about 6 months ago, the front bank of injectors had a blown fuse, so I have I guess about a 3 cyl engine, which explained the gas usage and lack of power, the rear bank ohms at 12 ish, with the front at 4 ish, but I may as well do all 6 injectors, since I am about sick of pulling the injectors out. Should order the yellow tops tonight, found 8 for $218, leaves me with 2 extra for backup! Along with the backup GM accumulator I bought, I hope this car is soon ready to drive after its now 2.5 year "rest"

If you haven't ordered those yet, check with "sprayitracing" on ebay.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Spray-It-Racing__W0QQ_armrsZ1

He used to list 6 brand new yellow tops for right around $160 including shipping. He currently doesn't have any listed, but it wouldn't hurt to check and see if he has more as they would be considerably cheaper...unless you just wanted to have those two spare injectors.

• 1 month later...

its alive! got the yellow tops in, had to replace the pressure regulator, as it started to leak after I got it all together, quick question, with the yellow tops in, they did not go all the way down into the fuel rail, far enough to set the o ring, on top and bottom, no leaks that I can see or smell, and the 4 small screws that hold the fuel rail down all went down fully, just want to make sure before I take it out for a more than 5 mile drive. otherwise, a change of the accumulator from priors to oem, priors never did work all that great and was a pain to install, and fix my power window, and off to the paint shop, then she should be done?