Has anyone filled in the ends of a Cutty lip spoiler?

GPX

I have an lip OEM Cutlass lip spoiler on my car. I do not have the special taillights that go with it. I'm getting to like the look, but I don't like the way the ends are finished off with that depression. Has anyone filled one in? And if so, can I see some pictures. Thanks.

Well, I've seen a few with the tails and I'm not in love with them like I thought I would be. So now we could both use an example so we could decide if we want to bother with it. The thing is that we could fill it in and still add the tails at a later date.

I have your same problem, lip spoiler and no tails.. I thought about filling in the ends, but it still might look a little outta place without the right tails

:mrgreen:

I think it looks like piss with the lip spoiler and rounded tails

I don't. And I think that the spoiler tail lights look kind of half-lided (why I'm not crazy about them). That's why I'm interested in seeing what the spoiler looks like finished off. If no one else has done it, I guess I will be the first to do it and share.

I wonder if it might look okay if the ends were tapered in, then filled. Look at a Monte Carlo brickyard spoiler for reference.

I thought about that. I'll have to think about it a good while longer before I did it. I paid $85 with shipping for this one. Maybe a photoshop...

Can you post a picture of the car how it looks without the lights???

Will try to get a picture up tomorrow.

Kyle: I went to Thunder Road for the first time last week! A friend of mine raced in the Sportsmans class. Came in 2nd to last.:lol: How's your racer?

• 2 weeks later...

David...got pics???

Side note: After a blown motor, transmission, wheel bearings and struts, things are starting to look good! I'm running alot faster, but unfortunetly everybody else is too! But it's going well...alot of fun!!

You could also ask 1Loudcutty since hes rocking the no lip tail lights also.

Fuck you rob, I swear to god im gonna steal you lip tails :lol: :lol:

Well, heres a pic

Well, heres a pic

That twice now in this thread alone youve insulted me LOL. Im sorry, you have all this cool shit on your car and so the only thing I have over you is the fact that I have tails to match my spoiler and youve got nothing HA HA HA!

Well, heres a pic

That twice now in this thread alone youve insulted me LOL. Im sorry, you have all this cool shit on your car and so the only thing I have over you is the fact that I have tails to match my spoiler and youve got nothing HA HA HA!

Thanks to me.

Well, heres a pic

Haha those where originally mine and I refuse to let you take them lol

I can take them... I doubt you can stop my 250lb ass :lol: :lol:

Rob, i will leave you 2 leather seats for them, hows that :lol:

Honestly, I do like the spoiler, even without the tails. As you can tell, I missed with some paint on the ends, but yes, its begging to have a more complete look...

I can take them... I doubt you can stop my 250lb ass :lol: :lol:

Rob, i will leave you 2 leather seats for them, hows that :lol:

Honestly, I do like the spoiler, even without the tails. As you can tell, I missed with some paint on the ends, but yes, its begging to have a more complete look...

i like the way your car looks without them but it would make the car look even better then it already does. But don't take what i say seriously i drive a freaking moo cow.

You know how i know your gay? Your car is calico.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kind of like the finish of the non lip tails better... I would rather see custom lip ends that stick onto the tops of the non lip tails, with the correct profile to look good :burnout:

You know bob, you always take some red play doh and mold your current tail lights to look like lip tail lights lol. That would be right up your "customizing" alley. And for your information I already have the money for my seats, just not for the gas trip to Cleveland. Plus I also need that vert trunk, since my "customizing" on my trunk didnt go as planned LOL.

And yes thank you Josh for the great deal on the set. Best money Ive spent on the car so far.

Wow

looks better than I thoguht....got any more pics from farther away and different angles?

I have tons more, look in my photobucket account..

search for b12redline

Rob, I think the interior swap was the best thing you have done to it.