Window Motor?

LuminaPower92

4 door, no just to see if anybody has done it, and some tips, if you have to pull the who regulator assembly out. ive done a couple where the motor is accessable and can be removed fairly eay.

I replace the entire window regulator as an assembly, with good j/y units.

remove door panel.

find 4 rivets in center area of the door, smack the center parts out with a hammer, and then drill out the rivets.

remove the motor, being careful to hold the glass up.

the motor will pass through an opening in the door.

insert the replacement motor making sure to get the roller on the motor into the window's track.

I replace the rivets with 5/16th inch bolts (1/2 or 3/4 long), and nylocking nuts. (Lowes for about $1) you must ream the holes out slightly with a 5/16th inch drill bit,

and... if you get a used motor, any gen 1 4 door W-body will have the same motor, same door only.

I replace the entire window regulator as an assembly, with good j/y units.

remove door panel.

find 4 rivets in center area of the door, smack the center parts out with a hammer, and then drill out the rivets.

remove the motor, being careful to hold the glass up.

the motor will pass through an opening in the door.

insert the replacement motor making sure to get the roller on the motor into the window's track.

I replace the rivets with 5/16th inch bolts (1/2 or 3/4 long), and nylocking nuts. (Lowes for about $1) you must ream the holes out slightly with a 5/16th inch drill bit,

and... if you get a used motor, any gen 1 4 door W-body will have the same motor, same door only.

Thanks, is there any windings I should watch that dont unspin, like the 00 + K pickups and Suvs?

not on this car.

oh, i neglected to say...

I put to replacement bolts on the inside of the door, with the nuts on the outside, so the guts and motor have clearance.

and sometimes you will need to power the motor to get it to a correct angle to pass though a hole, and maybe pull of the seatbelt retractors for clearance.

and remember to buy nylocking nuts that won't back off.

If these motors are anything like the ones I changed on countless F-bodies (camaros/firebirds) I hope you have small arms or are ready for them to get all scratched up. I would do like Crazy K said and just replace the whole assembly.

hell, I cut myself up so bad doin it in my Prix, that I think next time I will replace the whole Fn door if a motor goes... lol

I know what youre saying, the last window motor I did, I made the wife reach in behind since she has scrawny arms LOL.

hell, I cut myself up so bad doin it in my Prix, that I think next time I will replace the whole Fn door if a motor goes... lol

I know what youre saying, I made the wife reach in behind since she has scrawny arms LOL.

:eek: :eek: :eek: