x-laces on a Z34

ZacksZ34

Okay heres the deal my buddy told me the junkyard up the road has a few w-bodies up there and i was thinkin about going up there just to see what they had for rims on them, Cause Im really gettin sick of lookin at the damn wheels that are on it. I know i should be more worried about gettin all the shit fixed thats wrong with but my lumina will be goin off the road at the end of july so i can do the repairs. Anyhow i was thinkin about gettin a set of x-laces of either a gran prix or a bonneville if theres any up there with em and paintin the centers black just to make my car look a lil bit better. And I was wondering if the x-laces look good on z34 luminas or not?????

I'm partial to x-laces on sedans. Note mine and Gutless Supreme's sigs. Luminas do look good with them, however, I think gold would look better on a black car than black centers

Note: I am told that bonneville x-laces will not clear the calipers on w-bodies. If you look at them, the outer lip on them are a little smaller than the W-body ones.

If you wanna polish the lips then its a little tedious, but you seem to be fairly meticulous about your car care. They do look awesome, I'm sure youve seen all the threads where people polish them.

I'm partial to x-laces on sedans. Note mine and Gutless Supreme's sigs. Luminas do look good with them, however, I think gold would look better on a black car than black centers

Note: I am told that bonneville x-laces will not clear the calipers on w-bodies. If you look at them, the outer lip on them are a little smaller than the W-body ones.

If you wanna polish the lips then its a little tedious, but you seem to be fairly meticulous about your car care. They do look awesome, I'm sure youve seen all the threads where people polish them.

yeah ive seen where there all polished up but seeing how my car has a red interior i don't think the gold would look right

They stick out.

Look at White93Z34's car.

They don't look to bad, I think the fact that they stick out fill the tire well more.

They fill the rear wheelwells perfectly, especially with 225/60's on there. Hopefully, i'm getting fender flares for the fronts though. THE SAME ONES JUICEDLUMINA HAD!!!

There was a pic of a black euro lumina with silver crosslaces posted before. I think it was a sedan. He was totally sagging in the back though.

I really like the look of the stock Z34 wheels, as long as they are the 93+ years, the ones with the black background, not the silver background. If you could find a set of the 93+ Euro/Z34 wheels at a yard (shouldn't be too hard to find) IMO those would look better than the x-laces.

Just out of curiousity where are you?

I might have a set to unload.

I have a pair of sets now, I'm hopping to get the second set on this week, they have 245/50ZR16s on them. I want to see how I like the ride with the lower profile rims, and the car lowered about half an inch all around.

I'm still considering keeping my current rims for restoration, was thinking of blacking them out, but then masking the black (and polished lip) and going red on the inside, kinda like RPE rims, but I really, really hate those (I've never seen them in person, but in pictures it just looks stupid).

Not to hyjack the thread, but does anyone know minimums and maximums for tire width on the X-laces? I'm assuming that 225 is a minimum, but where do they max out? 255? 265?

Just out of curiousity where are you?

I might have a set to unload.

I have a pair of sets now, I'm hopping to get the second set on this week, they have 245/50ZR16s on them. I want to see how I like the ride with the lower profile rims, and the car lowered about half an inch all around.

I'm still considering keeping my current rims for restoration, was thinking of blacking them out, but then masking the black (and polished lip) and going red on the inside, kinda like RPE rims, but I really, really hate those (I've never seen them in person, but in pictures it just looks stupid).

Not to hyjack the thread, but does anyone know minimums and maximums for tire width on the X-laces? I'm assuming that 225 is a minimum, but where do they max out? 255? 265?

im from elderton,PA

If you get the 94 - 96 GP xlaces, they're 6.5" x 16" and would fit w/o sticking out. This is the same width as the stock Z34 wheels.

The '93 and earlier GP x-laces 8"x16"s have a different offset. The B4U trim wheel flares conceal the protrusion from the stock fenders (especially the fronts).

I'd suggest black or dark grey centers with the black paint and the garnet interior you have.

not sure where you got that information Hal, but my crosslaces are off a 94' gp and they are 16*8

I will confirm the same, maybe he's thinking of the Bonneville ones or something with a different offset.

BTW - I have Crosslaces (factory ones from a '91 GTP and a '95 SE) they are identical in size.

ZacksZ34, I'm in Kitchener Ontario, I get close to you on occasion, but that seems a little far for these values of rims. I'll pass for now, still not 100% sure what I'm doing anyhow.