Will these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-Grand-Prix-Solid-Rear-Lateral-Arms-Suspension_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ42609QQihZ014QQitemZ330235796511QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

My car is going to be at my place this weekend and i need some projects for the summer, will these work on my car?

I would love to have the BMR set, but they are $$$$$$$$$$ right now and i have no money to waste. Thanks, jay

Wish I'd seen this sooner... I don't think those will work on a 2st gen.

Only the trailing arms are interchangeable. When I got my lateral links from Held he told me that the 2nd gen ones are different by about 1 inch (can't remember if they were longer or shorter, or by exactly how much)

You do know you need 4 of them? Two forward mount and two rearward mount.

Yes

Jamie

Wish I'd seen this sooner... I don't think those will work on a 2st gen.

Only the trailing arms are interchangeable. When I got my lateral links from Held he told me that the 2nd gen ones are different by about 1 inch (can't remember if they were longer or shorter, or by exactly how much)

You do know you need 4 of them? Two forward mount and two rearward mount.

Yes

Jamie

Really? I was always told they were the same length.

it was only $40 shipped so we'll see. I do know i need 4 of them, but i have to drop the tank for the other two, so i'll wait until winter to get into that

what are the first gen length? The ones i got in the mail today are 24 inches from tip to tip

I'm not sure about total length, but center of the bolt hole to center of the bolt hole of mine were, 22 1/4" for the leading arm (front side of the cradle) and 23 3/4" for the rear arm. I had to take these measurements when I did mine so that Lee could ensure he was making them the right length. Because it is his understanding that there is another length used on w-body's (his other measurements were 22 13/16" for the leading arm and 24 1/4" for the rear arm, these ones are stamped steal rather than the rectangular tubes that I had stock, not sure what the stamped ones would of been used on)

Jamie

Not according to the information I was given, lol. Its my understanding that while the trailing arms never changed, the lateral links were different on each generation.

Jamie

Now that I work at a GM parts department I can verify, I just went up and checked, 1.5 and 2 G rods are the same size. Unfortunately I dont have a 1G rod handy. I did buy a set back when i had my Lumina (91) and they were the same as the 2G GP rods. So I can say with some certainty that all the rods have the same basic dimensions and any rod will fit. The rods on my parent's Lacrosse were the same also, so I would assume the 3rd gens are the same too.

If that is the case, why would Held of had to deal with 2 different lengths of rod in making the lateral links. We are all talking about lateral links, right, the ones that go from the wheel to the sub frame? I'm not having a blonde moment, am I?

edit - this is funny, fire fox said I spelled "blonde" wrong until I wrote "moment" after it!

Jamie