• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmoore4294

• mra32

• gpchris

• EviLette

I might have said wrong. IDK. I'll get a better look at it tomorrow and get back to you. Possibly with pics too. Then of course measurements are promised by the weekend if not sooner.

I've got a brand new set in my posession, but alas nothing to measure them with...

ANd i wouldn't trust my measurements to custom fab something off of.. LOL.

Looking forward to hearing more progress on this topic though.

SHITTY CELLPHONE PIC TIME!!!! lol

Sorry guys, digital camera is on the fritz, so you'll have to deal with crappy cell pics.

Anyway, all the holes are identical. They all have straight sides, and the rest are curved. The first two are the front holes. I took both, cause the first one has some weird shit going on with it. Don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but it is. The third pic is of the rear hole, and they are both the same.

jesus christ that subframe looks new.. besides that weird bend going on in that first pic :eek: I don't know what the hell is up with that

the hole sizes are the same IIRC but the mounts themselves are still different between front and back.

Ok, so I got some shitty drawing done up in paint, with the measurements from my shiney new dial caliper. If you need something else that I didn't get, let me know. It's 47 mm across the two parallel sides, and 50.5 mm across from the highest point to the highest point.

Yeah I totally lost those part numbers.. Umm, would it be possible to make a thick fiberglass mold of the stock one and compress a little polyurethane in there?

sweet man, but your drawing is horribly outta scale :lol:

I know. :bonk:

That's why I made sure everyone knew it was a shitty ms paint drawing just so no one got confused as to where each number was referring to. I think Mra32 is gonna make up a drawing though. Atleast I hope he is, cause I have no idea how. lol.

Ok, so i didn't even realize, that there is a bigger opening on the underside of the front holes which measures 77 mm across the parallel sides, and 83 mm from the highest point to the highest point of the two circle sides. (Refer to earlier crappy drawing) lol. Don't really know why it's there, it came with the bushings originally, but they are long gone, otherwise I'd just be sending some of them off to be measured....professionally!! lol

3.4150 I think will work. can post up dimensions and drawings later

Its from a newer silverado. Cost of the set is $175 but I dont know how many are included with this

subframe.jpg

Quick drawing of the bushings in that set. I looked at my dad's truck and they seem to match up pretty well, but i'm not allowed to take his truck apart, so I can't see if they'll fit.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=64130.0

Refer to that ^^ for pictures of the subframe/bushings.

Dimensions on those bushings are as follows:

P/N 4200

O.D. 3.52

O.D. OF STEP 2.05

Hole Size .81 x 1.3

Primary THICKNESS 1.9

OVERALL THICKNESS 2.51

P/N 4201

O.D. 2.9

O.D. OF STEP 2 x 1.85 oval/rectangle

Hole Size .8 x 1.29

Primary THICKNESS .58

OVERALL THICKNESS 1.08

Edited by mra32

• 2 weeks later...

There are 8 body mounts in the set. If 2 people are adventurous then they could go in on it and see if it works. The only issue might be that the body side is too thick, but I have a band saw...or i can mill it if i get fancy. The extra distance might help those with lowered cars, from a suspension standpoint. I havent really thought about if half an inch or so will kill anything else on the car.

If nobody is too keen on figuring out if this works, my friend gave me some polyurethane subframe bushings off another car that I could modify and use in conjunction with sporting goods to make a real stiff subframe mount.

• 5 months later...

Ok guys The only issue with the ones i posted earlier are that the front side doesnt NEED to be slotted. They will work but subframe alignment will be tough without premarking it.

Another pic of them

ES34116G_lg.jpg

I found these that are NOT slotted, Will they work? idk. I know somebody wants to try!

ES34129G_lg.jpg