My new TGP

god910

Okay, so maybe you guys can help w/ this situation. I just bought Manualturbo's car, some of you may know what's going on, some might not. Here's the deal, the car idle's fine, runs great when you're not getting on it. When you get on it, and it hits about 5 psi. it cuts out, but not like a misfire. It won't let you do anything w/ the gas, IT IS STILL RUNNING, you have power steering and all, when you hit the gas it won't go or buck or anything else, but you can hear the bov close and release boost when you let off, meaning it's still letting gas in and igniting it. Here's my theory, he's already replaced the Crank sensor, I believe that it (for a so-far unknown reason) hands timing back to the module and thus has a max timing available for 400 RPM's. This same thing happened when my module went out. It would idle extremely low, but wouldn't let you hit the gas. The TGP you can downshift and everything, but it won't let you accelerate. If you push the clutch in for a few seconds it will die. Then you wait about 5 seconds and push the clutch in and restart. Any hints, he is gonna replace the Ign. module tomorrow night, I think that will work, but if it doesn't, anyone have a clue?

The 5-speed chip is faulty, but if you don't have a 5-speed chip you are really screwed as we don't have blow-off valves, and the auto chip doesn't know how to act!!! :| :cheers: :cheers:

The 5-speed chip is faulty, but if you don't have a 5-speed chip you are really screwed as we don't have blow-off valves, and the auto chip doesn't know how to act!!! :| :cheers: :cheers:

What does any chip care about a BOV? There is no connection for the ECM to even care about the BOV. The BOV is a mechanical part...not electronic. The MAP sensor sees a vaccum in the intake when the throttle body closes...it could care less what is happening before the throttle body...just what is happening in the intake plenum.

My TGP did the same thing with and then without the auto-tranny. Turned out to be a a piece of carbon in the waste-gate butterfly that would not let the gate seal and allow full boost. The ECM sees the TPS at better than 50% and the MAP sensor sees no boost and then trims the fuel accordingly to try to recover. Thus getting the running motor, but not proper boost. Could also be a bad MAP sensor or it is not seeing boost or vaccum at all.

Jumping on the chip right away?? Doubtful...very doubtful! :roll:

We have a speed density or MAP based air metering. A BOV will not affect how the car runs what-so-ever. The air isn't metered until it enters the engine or intake manifold as TGPilot put it. The computer could care less what happens before the intake manifold. It just see the air in the manifold via the MAP sensor and adds fuel to match whats there. So if you vent the air it won't make any difference to the computer. How do I know, because I have a BOV on one of my auto TGPs. I used a 1st gen DSM BPV, and it works great!! The differences that become most apparent between the auto and 5 speed chip is how the computer controlls the idle. I believe that the IAC values need to be different. Then again, I'm not advanced enough to make those kind of changes so I could be wrong. Anyways, thats why we have Jeff M...he's the man when it comes to TGP code :D

oh boy, i hope i can buy tgpguy21's tgp from him!!! haha

Yuck it up chuckle's. Add $485 for the x-over and related parts, $300 for a chip, and about $1800 for the rebuilt 5 sp. tranny and new clutch on the TGP that I just bought, and let's talk about who paid for what. :wink: Then add a second parts car w/ complete drivetrain. Phantom I love ya man. Besides, w/ mine limited to 5 psi, I'll still kick your ass. All in good fun. I know I'm as giddy as a school girl since completing this deal. He's delivering it tomorow. Err, today, it's 12:45.