Whats gas mileage do you get?

shadow

I have seen anywhere from 100 miles, to 350. Depends on the tune up, the tune on the chip, and the overall condition of the car.

most i've gotten is 400 to the tank. but its still usually 300 something. i'm surprised how good the mileage is. i've never changed my fuel filter in the 8 years i've owned the car either.....maybe i should look into that

I usually get 300-350 out of a tank but im pretty easy on the gas most of the times. Last summer my DIC was hovering around the 19.5-20 MPG range. The DIC got reset when the car sat all winter and the day after i put it on the road i drove 300 miles round trip all highway driving from buffalo to toronto goin between 70-90 the whole way depending on traffic. After that trip my DIC was at like 22.5 mpg the highest its ever been! Its since dropped to around 21 cuz i dont mostly city/country driving rather than highway.

My TGP is completely original with 1990 plugs and wires :eek: and a Jeff M. crossover and I got around 320 miles per tank around town (I refueled before it gets too empty, usually put in 14 gallons). I usually got 22 MPG around town, 25 MPG with a city/highway mix and I took an all highway roadtrip last year and got 31 MPG. This is all with original everything and the car is begging for a tuneup, so it will get better for sure when I give it a tuneup in the coming weeks.

Well I have had a very heavy foot on the car since I filled up so I am gonna fill up again and drive more conservatively and see what that gets me. 100 percent of my driving with the tgp is city 0 hwy.

On my Cutlass I got around 220 out of a tank almost religously which is hardly a measley 14 mpg.. :eek: I'm sure I drove it like a dick but I think It had some other problems as well, might need a new O2 sensor etc. I've hardly driven my STE long enough to get a good mileage estimate over the 2.5 years that I've owned it :( so I'm no help there lol.

My TGP is completely original with 1990 plugs and wires :eek: and a Jeff M. crossover and I got around 320 miles per tank around town (I refueled before it gets too empty, usually put in 14 gallons). I usually got 22 MPG around town, 25 MPG with a city/highway mix and I took an all highway roadtrip last year and got 31 MPG. This is all with original everything and the car is begging for a tuneup, so it will get better for sure when I give it a tuneup in the coming weeks.

Wow you must have got a good one or are just using some kind of super gas!! I dont get that good and my engine is completely rebuilt pretty much new everything! It is bored .30 over though so that may have something to do with it.

Yep I put the car on cruise control on the highway and it stayed a solid 34-36 mpg :eek: for about 10 miles so I think I have just been too heavy footed around town with this car. I will drive more conservatively on my next fill up and see what happens.

Yeah its stock with a Jeff M. crossover and new fuel injectors. I only run premium non-ethanol fuel in it.

Even with the price of gas these days i always put premium (91 octane) in mine. Except for when i picked the car up when i bought it and filled it up before we left for the trip home. I filled it with regular before i saw the big orange words on the cluster PREMIUM UNLEADED FUEL ONLY. Whoops. Is it bad for these engines in any way to run non premium?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I tried driving more conservatively and only getting down on the throttle very little and it seems to have worked. From a full tank to the time the low fuel light came on I got 320 miles and that was mostly around town & back road driving :eek: Seems trying to keep it under or right around 2000 rpm works.

Yeah its stock with a Jeff M. crossover and new fuel injectors. I only run premium non-ethanol fuel in it.

Even with the price of gas these days i always put premium (91 octane) in mine. Except for when i picked the car up when i bought it and filled it up before we left for the trip home. I filled it with regular before i saw the big orange words on the cluster PREMIUM UNLEADED FUEL ONLY. Whoops. Is it bad for these engines in any way to run non premium?

if you aren't beating it, then no probably not, but if you are seeing lots of boost then yes.