Wire Color Help!

krenzy

Ok, so I had my door speakers disconnected while the stereo was being rewired, and for the reason being that the installer, who was frickin brilliant...literally, died, he obviously can't finish the wiring. He left the factory harness, and soldered another line from each wire, but I don't have the door speakers wired up and don't know the colors...can anyone tell me what colors the door speaker wires are for my 89 Turbo Grand Prix?

Ok, so I had my door speakers disconnected while the stereo was being rewired, and for the reason being that the installer, who was frickin brilliant...literally, died, he obviously can't finish the wiring. He left the factory harness, and soldered another line from each wire, but I don't have the door speakers wired up and don't know the colors...can anyone tell me what colors the door speaker wires are for my 89 Turbo Grand Prix?

The guy is getting razzed and he's dead, something wrong there for sure...

I'm not razzing him, the man was literally one of the smartest guys I knew. He tuned stereos for sound competitions and I wanna say every vehicle he touched at least placed. He had a serious knack for this stuff.

I'm not sure what colors are left...before I take the dash apart I wanna know which wires to look for lol. I'm working from 1 till 10 all week and don't like to have the car apart while I'm gone...I live in a trailer park lol.

So are you looking for the wire colors at the deck or at the speakers. Behind the radio, they will all be the same: http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=56205.0

Being that your's had premium sound, the leads at the actual speakers will most likely be different colors than this. For the front, if you have a woofer and a tweeter, I've seen where the woofer uses the standard colors, and I've seen it where the tweeters used the standard colors. The best way really is to test it all out.

The door speakers are just one speaker in each door. Like I said, I wanted to find out the colors and then go out and hook them up to avoid leaving anything laying out where the general public can either see or be tempted.

It's gonna be similar to what I posted about the door speakers, if it was a woofer and tweeter. One should be the correct colors, the other will most likely be something different.

There is either a factory amplifier, or a factory crossover, that splits the signal between the door and dash. In all reality, for your best sound, I would completely do away with the dash speakers, and mount a nice set of components in the doors. Generally, on factory 6 speaker systems with dash mounted speakers, door mounted speakers, and speakers in the rear deck, the dash mounted speakers output level is much less, so it doesn't appear that a ton of sound is coming off of the top of the dashboard, as the imaging is horrible.

AHH! So the door speakers are routed through the factory amp? I had him bypass this...now to find out if he had already begun rewiring the door speakers or not lol. Thanks!