17s Tire Size Question *Problem Solved 3/25/07*

Venom

OK, so I know this has had to have been asked before, but the search function way was giving me a headache, so I thought Id ask again. Im looking for new tires for my 17in ADR Spades since the 205/40's are waaaaaaaaaay to small for this car. I was looking at 235/55 or 225/55 to keep the speedo close. I can pick up a set of 235/55's for cheap and I just want to make sure they should work fine on a 7in wide rim. Just want to see what you guys are currently running on your 17s.

I saw your car the other day. I agree thicker tires are a must! Anyways 235 is the widest you should go on a 7" wide rim. I think you would be ok with a 235/55.

I saw your car the other day. I agree thicker tires are a must! Anyways 235 is the widest you should go on a 7" wide rim. I think you would be ok with a 235/55.

Yeah they look like friggin 15s because of all the extra space in the wheelwell. Not to mention the crappy traction.

Rob, here is how you solve your problem... Trade me your current rims and tires for my stock rims and 2 sets of tires :lol:

See, no more tire problem

PM me with details. Definately interested

Yeah, some bastard from Brunswick came and ganked your rims :lol:

0325081750.jpg

Hey Rob, do you remember exactly how wide these rims are.. Are they 7" or 7.5" wide.. I see you posted 7" but I wanna double check. A guy at work has a nice set of 245/45ZR17's but the minimum rim for them is 7.5"

If not, I can get some cheapo 225/55R17's pretty cheap... $58/ea

According to ADR they are 7" wide, but you might want to doublecheck. They are ADR Spades.

BTW How was the ride :biggrin: Mine is like driving a new car. Thanks again for the trade.

Damn, I may have to buy tires for it anyway :lol:

BTW, the ride wasnt too bad really, but then again I have so much new suspension crap and I drive slow over certain bumps.. Had to play dodge the potholes on 71 though.

No prob, im quite happy with the trade too. I may scrap those 16s to help pay for new tires.

My GF got a laugh outta the mexican ghetto fabulous look.. Hmm, I think I need a la coocaracha horn now :lol:

Put some 235/45 or 50's on those and they will look good.

Wont be near the correct size.

I need 225/55-17's...

I priced out some Yokohama Avid V4S's at $80/ea my cost..

I did get some better tires on it today... Fuckin demounting them was a bear... Reverse mount and 205/40-17's can kiss my fat ass :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I highjacked some tires outta out junk pile that are a bit more correct and will last a couple months. 2 in the front from a Mazda 6 (215/50-17) and 2 in the rear from I think a Mercedes (225/55-17)

BTW, I also discovered that I really really need to refinish these rims :willynilly:

235/45 not the right size?

Good lord no... There is a negitive 4.9% size difference. Max safely allowed is 3%. The 235/45's would be 1.3 inches shorter...

225/55-17 is 0.4% taller than stock which equates to 0.1 inches

A 235/50-17 is only negitive 1.4% (0.3 inches shorter) but that size tire is almost non-existant.

Like I said, a guy at work has a set of the 245/45ZR17s and I COULD put them on.. Only a couple issues

-Getting the bead to seat will be a nightmare

-Shoulder wear will be heavily accelerated with possibility on increased instability in rain

-Possible of shoulder rubbing due to being on the car on a 7" rim

Im actually thinking about saving the money for a set of Michelin HydroEdges through the next month or so.... Fricken pricey, but sweet ass ride, EXCELLENT IN RAIN, and 90K treadlife warrenty. But, like I said, they are like $160/ea my cost.

But also, I dont know if I am gonna keep these rims for too long. I like them, but I want 18's.